Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where to start. I'll say this though, you talk of 7th, and of course we have a TEAM to finish in the top 7, squad might be pushing it. Everyone will expect us to be in the top 7 I think.

So our expectations are possibly on the same wavelength. The problem is, it's August, not April. You're having a go at our team for something it hasn't done yet. I just can't get my head around it.

@davek

It's been doing it for the last 12 months and it's not changing in my eyes. How do you actually feel about employing two holding midfielders regardless of the opposition? Do you think it will cost us a lot of points in games we should probably win? (Like it did last year).

What? To bring the table into the argument at this stage is just ludicrous. If we get snotted by Chelsea in a couple of weeks we could drop to around 14th, does that prove me right? Of course it doesn't, it's absurdly early to be using it as any sort of barometer.

I'm merely voicing concerns about the tactics we employ because I think it stifles the very talented squad we have.

The budget Everton manager's have to spend is an absolute insult and I appreciate it's a difficult job, but do you honestly think we don't have the 7th best squad in the league? That's what I expect from us this year. Not winning the league, not European qualification, just to be the best of the rest.

And the points hes got us averaging since the turn of the year despite supposedly going through a rough patch puts us in and around the top 7.

We've started this season pretty well in the eyes of most sane fans, look much improved on last year

I reckon it's because we don't have anyone capable of playing the no.10 role sufficiently, so he'd rather play another player in defensive midfield who knows his role. If we sign that player, I think he'll drop a defensive mid.
He has had enough time though mate to sort that problem.
We need to attack a lot quicker and defend a lot better

It's been doing it for the last 12 months and it's not changing in my eyes. How do you actually feel about employing two holding midfielders regardless of the opposition? Do you think it will cost us a lot of points in games we should probably win? (Like it did last year).

Like I said above, I think he will drop the two defensive players once we find someone capable of playing in the 10 role. We don't have anyone who could do a better job there than someone in defensive mid, if you get what I mean.

He has had enough time though mate to sort that problem.
We need to attack a lot quicker and defend a lot better

Well no, you're shooting the jockey again, we have an inferior budget and have obviously shown interest in getting someone for that role in Yarmalenko.

You can't force players to join us, it'd be a bit two faced of us wouldn't it John Stones.

And the points hes got us averaging since the turn of the year despite supposedly going through a rough patch puts us in and around the top 7.

We've started this season pretty well in the eyes of most sane fans, look much improved on last year

Fans can fortell the future sagey, we're getting relegated.

On paper it's been an okay start, as I've said my reservations aren't based on the points return but our current set up.

Well no, you're shooting the jockey again, we have an inferior budget and have obviously shown interest in getting someone for that role in Yarmalenko.

You can't force players to join us, it'd be a bit two faced of us wouldn't it John Stones.
He could easily have got a number 10 mate over the past 2 years.
You can't say we are playing a certain way with 2 dm's because there are no number 10's out there.
You have to play the way you want because you believe in it not because you can't find a number 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back