Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think a number 10 has to be 20 mill to be good.
What your saying is the manager has been playing 2 dm's for 2 years cos he can't find a number 10 thats crazy.
The lad ki at swansea was a loanee he would have done a good job for a start
The manager hasn't been backed in this window.

Even the most hard bitten Martinez doubters would concede that right now.

I'm not saying that's the only reason, I'm just saying that's quite possibly a part of it for this season. As someone said above, I think he felt Barkley would be that player, we're all seeing he's far better playing from deeper.

Maybe we tried to sign Ki? Who knows?

Pinning the blame on Martinez for not signing quality players is fair enough when it's partial, because the board have a lot of answering to do on that part too mate.
The board are a disgrace mate of that there is no doubt.
We could go round the houses all night dude lets just hope he pulls one out of the bag.

The manager hasn't been backed in this window.

Even the most hard bitten Martinez doubters would concede that right now.
I am with you all the way on that dave.
The board have thrown him to the wolves.
My point being he has to play a different way to make us more creative and i hope he finds the solution.

I am with you all the way on that dave.
The board have thrown him to the wolves.
My point being he has to play a different way to make us more creative and i hope he finds the solution.
Not thrown him to the wolves, exactly. They'll have his back this summer if he needs it again.

He's come through for them big time this window and shielded them.

I'm not saying that's the only reason, I'm just saying that's quite possibly a part of it for this season. As someone said above, I think he felt Barkley would be that player, we're all seeing he's far better playing from deeper.

Maybe we tried to sign Ki? Who knows?

Pinning the blame on Martinez for not signing quality players is fair enough when it's partial, because the board have a lot of answering to do on that part too mate.

Roberto has to take a lot of the blame, so far as everton manager he has taken almost no financial risk on players he hasn't worked with before... this is a massive concern going forward.

"I was ready to join in".

I love the way he's handled the Stones situation from start to finish.

I loved Moyes, but Martinez seems get Everton and Everton fans in a way his predecessor never did. He's done exactly what every one of us fans would have throughout the "saga", under immense pressure. He's been resolute, completely unapologetic and stood up for the club in the face of criticism from those who believe we should simply have rolled over and had our bellies tickled. He seems to carry out his duties with the history of the club and the fans of the club in mind, rather than his CV.

He gets that Everton are not a "mid-tier" PL club who are here solely to make up the numbers and to develop players for the top 4 and that we're not merely a stepping stone for him or anyone else. He gets that our rich history and passionate fanbase show that we too are a big club and we have the right to have John Stones's and Ross Barkleys as much as anyone. He has every right to bemoan the club's lack of financial backing, point to the money other clubs have and pat himself on the back for keeping plucky little Everton's head above water, but instead he's quick to remind everyone of our nine league titles, past legends and club motto and strives to live up to them instead.

I'd love to see him bring a trophy back to L4 one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back