Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will because he clearly rates Barry and McCarthy as two of his automatic starters. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

I'd just love to see us with Barkley in that deeper role, it would give our play a completely new dimension. Especially against teams who don't have much interest in going at us.

I'd like him to try a 4-3-3 with McCarthy and Barkley, but with Besic playing the deeper defensive role.

Roberto has to take a lot of the blame, so far as everton manager he has taken almost no financial risk on players he hasn't worked with before... this is a massive concern going forward.

I don't know how signing quality players like Lukaku, Cleverly and McCarthy is a concern. Even Robles and Kone have shown improvement.

Not thrown him to the wolves, exactly. They'll have his back this summer if he needs it again.

He's come through for them big time this window and shielded them.
Loyalty is one way with our board.
If its looking dodgy come january they will forget his shielding them.
Next summer the money will be doubled coming in and if we are in a relegation scrap our non ambitious board will throw him out without a thought,they just want the cash

Loyalty is one way with our board.
If its looking dodgy come january they will forget his shielding them.
Next summer the money will be doubled coming in and if we are in a relegation scrap our non ambitious board will throw him out without a thought,they just want the cash

We'd have to be on the verge of relegation for a managerial change.

I don't know how signing quality players like Lukaku, Cleverly and McCarthy is a concern. Even Robles and Kone have shown improvement.

The concern is that as is the case now and we desperately need a number 10 Martinez has so far proven unable to buy one... That may change, but the smart money has been on no significant outlay on a player he hasn't worked with before all summer...

The concern is that as is the case now and we desperately need a number 10 Martinez has so far proven unable to buy one... That may change, but the smart money has been on no significant outlay on a player he hasn't worked with before all summer...

When you say Martinez has so far proven unable to buy one, you need to add a few other names, ie the board.

He will have to change that policy though, because I don't think he's ever worked with a quality no.10. He might have, I can't think of one.

Dont be silly.
If there was money for Ogbonna Yarmolenko or even Shaqiri there is money still there.
Lennon although would be another addition on dealine day is not part of this agenda.
It was the stones money mate.
There is no way in this world we have 20 mill kicking about.

Maybe the board don't trust him with the money, for me he is getting 1 game out of 4 right technically, a decent side would have crucified us today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back