Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concern is that as is the case now and we desperately need a number 10 Martinez has so far proven unable to buy one... That may change, but the smart money has been on no significant outlay on a player he hasn't worked with before all summer...

Whatever he does, he puts more faith in his players than Moyes did - which can be his downfall.

If he doesn't get a creative mid, he'll keep with Barkley.

And I don't mind that at all.

I hope he sorts his tactics and gets it right but the board are pulling the strings and if it looks for one minute we are in trouble they will have no hesitation in telling bill what to do.
People like earl will be licking their lips at the millions on offer in the premier league next season

There's in trouble and 'in trouble'. We'd have to be dancing on the trapdoor for any managerial change. It wont come down to that anyway. This team already look like they have much more resolve than their bottling performances last season displayed.

It'll be a comfortable top half finish.

I wouldn't be surprised if he told the board he would walk if Stones was sold and they decided to back him.

That is the only credible explanation there can be for EFC turning down such large amount of money for a very promising CB.

The only proviso being that if Stones stayed, there would be little money available to bring new faces in.

:coffee:

I wouldn't be surprised if he told the board he would walk if Stones was sold and they decided to back him.

That is the only credible explanation there can be for EFC turning down such large amount of money for a very promising CB.

The only proviso being that if Stones stayed, there would be little money available to bring new faces in.

:coffee:

Not a chance RM issued ultimatums.

As you say in your second sentence: Martinez has probably accepted the choice on offer between a sale and retaining Stones + a couple of purchases from the bargain basement.

And that;s what we're getting, make no mistake.

Any fanciful notion that Martinez has been given a late window war chest by the board who took out a loan for just such a spending spree is deluded.

I hope he sorts his tactics and gets it right but the board are pulling the strings and if it looks for one minute we are in trouble they will have no hesitation in telling bill what to do.
People like earl will be licking their lips at the millions on offer in the premier league next season
Matty you really need to step away from the forum mate.
Its saturday night we're all winding down & having a few beers.You seam to look at all the negatives.
I've seen far worse starts to a season (& much worse transfer windows) After Tuesday there may or may not be a time to fume.
But for now mate a hard earned point International break coming up, transfers finished then with a settled squad we'll move forward.

Not a chance RM issued ultimatums.

As you say in your second sentence: Martinez has probably accepted the choice on offer between a sale and retaining Stones + a couple of purchases from the bargain basement.

And that;s what we're getting, make no mistake.

Any fanciful notion that Martinez has been given a late window war chest by the board who took out a loan for just such a spending spree is deluded.

He said he was hoping to get one more in when interviewed, with other clubs you'd probably think the manager was just keeping coy but I genuinely think he's telling the truth.

Imagine if there was an injury/loss of form to Jags or Stones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back