Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him to succeed here more than anything, he's a cracking fella, the way he's handled this relentless pursuit for Stones from the media and chelski has been the benchmark of how to handle it as a manager.

But the jury is still out, let's see what he does when Del and Mirallas are both available fully fit, he's got to sort out our flanks, Kone and Cleverley are not wingers.

Maybe the board don't trust him with the money, for me he is getting 1 game out of 4 right technically, a decent side would have crucified us today.

Hahahaha. They didn't trust Moyes for 10 years either huh?

Where'd that 26mil for Lukaku come from? Didn't trust him with that either?

Hahahaha.

When you say Martinez has so far proven unable to buy one, you need to add a few other names, ie the board.

He will have to change that policy though, because I don't think he's ever worked with a quality no.10. He might have, I can't think of one.

The board have proven they can expend significant outlay on players a manager hasn't worked with before (i.e. Felli, AJ etc) so there is no reason that shouldn't happen under Roberto.

This has been a theme of all robertos windows though, and as most people are only expecting Lennon to come in then that will continue, until he spends actual money (10m+) on a player that he hasn't worked with before then that will be a charge that can be levelled at him.

The lack of an attacking midfielder will almost certainly hold us back this season...

Why would i go through all the spanish clubs to make a point.
You have a look if your bored

If it was so easy to just get one in two years then it wouldn't be so difficult to identify any. Also, your point is dreadful. Someone who plays in Spain isn't necessarily a no 10, nor is he good enough, nor does he have to play in Spain.

Honestly, we have little money as it is, cant just pluck out players for the sake of it.

Loyalty is one way with our board.
If its looking dodgy come january they will forget his shielding them.
Next summer the money will be doubled coming in and if we are in a relegation scrap our non ambitious board will throw him out without a thought,they just want the cash

Doesn't sound realistic mate.

Bobby and Bill are peas in a pod; just like Moyes and Bill were.

You can forget about any managerial upheaval.

The board have proven they can expend significant outlay on players a manager hasn't worked with before (i.e. Felli, AJ etc) so there is no reason that shouldn't happen under Roberto.

This has been a theme of all robertos windows though, and as most people are only expecting Lennon to come in then that will continue, until he spends actual money (10m+) on a player that he hasn't worked with before then that will be a charge that can be levelled at him.

The lack of an attacking midfielder will almost certainly hold us back this season...

He did spend 26mil on Lukaku like. I know he worked with us on loan for a year, but it was significant.

I still don't understand why the latest thing to hold against him is that he only buys players he's had previous with. It's all a little tedious finding ways to bring him down isn't it? Maybe I'm just glass half full when it comes to Everton at the moment, if others aren't that's cool too.

If it was so easy to just get one in two years then it wouldn't be so difficult to identify any. Also, your point is dreadful. Someone who plays in Spain isn't necessarily a no 10, nor is he good enough, nor does he have to play in Spain.

Honestly, we have little money as it is, cant just pluck out players for the sake of it.
Thats why we have scouts.
The manager will tell them what he is after and out they will go and find simple really

Doesn't sound realistic mate.

Bobby and Bill are peas in a pod; just like Moyes and Bill were.

You can forget about any managerial upheaval.
I hope he sorts his tactics and gets it right but the board are pulling the strings and if it looks for one minute we are in trouble they will have no hesitation in telling bill what to do.
People like earl will be licking their lips at the millions on offer in the premier league next season

He did spend 26mil on Lukaku like. I know he worked with us on loan for a year, but it was significant.

I still don't understand why the latest thing to hold against him is that he only buys players he's had previous with. It's all a little tedious finding ways to bring him down isn't it? Maybe I'm just glass half full when it comes to Everton at the moment, if others aren't that's cool too.

So you are perfectly happy with glaring weaknesses in our team, if so then keep making cheap pot shots inferring I am somehow against martinez when I am in fact very pro martinez, just not to the point of blind worship... I just wish we would sign a playmaker so I don't have to sit through last season again...

So you are perfectly happy with glaring weaknesses in our team, if so then keep making cheap pot shots inferring I am somehow against martinez when I am in fact very pro martinez, just not to the point of blind worship... I just wish we would sign a playmaker so I don't have to sit through last season again...

No, that's not how I meant it at all, and I agree with you on the playmaker signing. It just feels like everyone is picking at any little detail they can that's all.

I'm certainly aware of Martinez's failing, especially in the defensive half. I reckon he can fix it, either that or score more than we let in anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back