Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Martinez I really do, I think he's a top bloke and I've loved seeing him defend our club over the Stones situation

But for me personally imo, I'm saying he's not the right man for us and isn't getting the best out of this squad.

He failed last season imo and I haven't seen enough this season to think that we are on the right lines. I see the same issues as last season.

I just don't believe in him getting the best out of the squad of players we have.

Totally understand fans still believing in him, wish I did but I don't unfortunately.

Hopefully I will be vaulted and proved wrong in about 15-20 games time

I like Martinez I really do, I think he's a top bloke and I've loved seeing him defend our club over the Stones situation

But for me personally imo, I'm saying he's not the right man for us and isn't getting the best out of this squad.

He failed last season imo and I haven't seen enough this season to think that we are on the right lines. I see the same issues as last season.

I just don't believe in him getting the best out of the squad of players we have.

Totally understand fans still believing in him, wish I did but I don't unfortunately.

I think there is much improvement from last season. Leave today aside and the pace and movement has been much much better. No question.

If there's no more substantial improvement then that's down to the fact that we haven't brought the players we all knew we needed to bring in, and that's down to the owners. He's had his hands tied.

I wouldn't be surprised if he told the board he would walk if Stones was sold and they decided to back him.

That is the only credible explanation there can be for EFC turning down such large amount of money for a very promising CB.

The only proviso being that if Stones stayed, there would be little money available to bring new faces in.

:coffee:

He did not need to issue an ultimatum, the Board were/are wholly behind not selling Stones.

It suits the Board entirely to spin the idea "that money can't buy you everything", as they've operated on that premise for the last 16 years. We'll add players before the window shuts, funded by debt for the next 12 months. In the meantime the pressure on the Board is somewhat relieved by their stance on Stones.

Who out there in the world of togger could we get who would be better mate?

Who out there in the world of togger could we get who would be better mate?

It's a good question mate and one I haven't got the answer to unfortunately.

I'm honestly just calling it as I see it. I see a decent squad, lacking a player or 2 of course but I see a decent squad who don't look drilled, disciplined, meek ( Ive used that word far too many times for my own liking but it's how I feel ).

I just haven't seen anything where I've thought "that weakness I was worrying about has been sorted".

I hope I'm wrong mate I really do because in 6 weeks times if folk are thinking I'm knee jerking then I can be buzzed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back