Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense but I think that is definitely blue tinted glasses. That's half of the managers in the top 4 divisions and 4 others.

Not at all mate. Do you think that there wouldn't be 50 managers from across the football world who wouldn't want the Everton job?

This is a job mate that Moyes was in the top 20 highest paid managers in Europe ( might have actually been top 10 ) and I'm pretty sure Martinez doesn't get paid in Curly Wurlys either. It's the PL, we are a massive club. 50 was me being conservative so I didn't sound biased.

I agree to an extent but Rom/Barkley et al will score against teams outside top 5 which is where we will do well this season which is why a point today is a decent result if the manner was not great.

You can't just say they'll score and all will be fine. We've struggled massively in those games over the past year and he needs to do something to address it.

Want
Not at all mate. Do you think that there wouldn't be 50 managers from across the football world who wouldn't want the Everton job?

This is a job mate that Moyes was in the top 20 highest paid managers in Europe ( might have actually been top 10 ) and I'm pretty sure Martinez doesn't get paid in Curly Wurlys either. It's the PL, we are a massive club. 50 was me being conservative so I didn't sound biased.
Want is one thing but to even have the gall to apply when you are managing some rag ball team in Europe is another. I would like to think that we are better than to have the manager of FC Eurotrash thinking they could do a job for us.

Want

Want is one thing but to even have the gall to apply when you are managing some rag ball team in Europe is another. I would like to think that we are better than to have the manager of FC Eurotrash thinking they could do a job for us.

Well if your classing as FC Eurotrash ( whoever that is mate ) wanting the job, let's move applicants up from 50 to 200. What about exactly do you think would apply for the Everton job if it became available tomorrow?

Being a holding midfielder is out of the question for Ross. If he wants to be the box-to-box midfielder, then he needs to add tenacity, aggression and discipline to his game.

At this moment in time, he's much better suited as an out and out attacker.

Not in this current system. As an attacking mid he's far too isolated and consequently it's very difficult for him to have any real impact on the game. Who did he have to play off today in the first half? There was no cohesion in our attacking play at all.

At home to the likes of West Brom why not let him play from deep instead of Barry/McCarthy? It's not going to hurt us defensively and it instantly gives the opposition a problem as he's driving at them with pace rather than getting the ball with his back to goal with two defenders around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back