Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said above, I think he will drop the two defensive players once we find someone capable of playing in the 10 role. We don't have anyone who could do a better job there than someone in defensive mid, if you get what I mean.

I don't think he will because he clearly rates Barry and McCarthy as two of his automatic starters. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

I'd just love to see us with Barkley in that deeper role, it would give our play a completely new dimension. Especially against teams who don't have much interest in going at us.

He could easily have got a number 10 mate over the past 2 years.
You can't say we are playing a certain way with 2 dm's because there are no number 10's out there.
You have to play the way you want because you believe in it not because you can't find a number 10

No, I can, I truly believe he thinks Barry does a better job in defensive mid than Naismith or Osman would do at number 10. I believe that if and when we get a number 10, he will change against certain teams.

You say he could have easily have gotten a number 10 like it's a matter of going down the shops. I'm sorry mate but it's laughable. They're extremely expensive, and may not want to leave their current club.

There's so much more to signing players, surely this week with Stones and Yarmalenko proves this?

I don't think he will because he clearly rates Barry and McCarthy as two of his automatic starters. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

I'd just love to see us with Barkley in that deeper role, it would give our play a completely new dimension. Especially against teams who don't have much interest in going at us.

Until we have the option, I don't know if we'll know. I will get a small fume on if we do sign someone and leave them on the bench though, agree! I just feel that's the reason.

No, I can, I truly believe he thinks Barry does a better job in defensive mid than Naismith or Osman would do at number 10. I believe that if and when we get a number 10, he will change against certain teams.

You say he could have easily have gotten a number 10 like it's a matter of going down the shops. I'm sorry mate but it's laughable. They're extremely expensive, and may not want to leave their current club.

There's so much more to signing players, surely this week with Stones and Yarmalenko proves this?
Come on he has had 2 years to get a number 10 if thats how you want to play.
We could have loaned one or bought a cheaper one.
All number 10's don't cost 20 million mate

He got his point today but only for howard the whole posse would be fuming with a 4 nil trashing by spurs. It's that simple. Leaving Barry on was nuts. He put in one of his worst performances in a everton shirt and in a important position. Got lucky today. But credit to him mid week he made the correct calls.

We already have crap number 10s, why would we want to buy another crap one?

I thought we were trying to improve.

Again, could we have? Have we tried? How do you know? All these questions mate, you need to just sit back for a second, these guys aren't getting paid to turn up for lunch, they'd be searching "24/7" to use a horrible phrase.

Look at the Stoke player, he turned us down. Stoke ffs. It's not that simple.

We already have crap number 10s, why would we want to buy another crap one?

I thought we were trying to improve.

Again, could we have? Have we tried? How do you know? All these questions mate, you need to just sit back for a second, these guys aren't getting paid to turn up for lunch, they'd be searching "24/7" to use a horrible phrase.

Look at the Stoke player, he turned us down. Stoke ffs. It's not that simple.
Why do you think a number 10 has to be 20 mill to be good.
What your saying is the manager has been playing 2 dm's for 2 years cos he can't find a number 10 thats crazy.
The lad ki at swansea was a loanee he would have done a good job for a start

Why do you think a number 10 has to be 20 mill to be good.
What your saying is the manager has been playing 2 dm's for 2 years cos he can't find a number 10 thats crazy.
The lad ki at swansea was a loanee he would have done a good job for a start

I'm not saying that's the only reason, I'm just saying that's quite possibly a part of it for this season. As someone said above, I think he felt Barkley would be that player, we're all seeing he's far better playing from deeper.

Maybe we tried to sign Ki? Who knows?

Pinning the blame on Martinez for not signing quality players is fair enough when it's partial, because the board have a lot of answering to do on that part too mate.

Think theres a valid point by both here.I think Bobby has being hoping Ross would grow into the no 10 he wants .
Hasnt panned out that way yet , so taking stock in the summer its an obvious choise to bring one in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back