Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd have lost that game last season. Largely, we kept our shape and defended reasonably against a motivated spurs who didn't play midweek, let alone extra time. Kone was gash on the right, did better up front, but once Del is fully fit he will be benched

A hard earned point against a well financed team, you'd have taken the results so far when the fixtures came out, and after the furore of the last week.

To play poorly and come away with a draw is promising at this stage, they're fighting hard for eachother.

I've seen plenty of fighting performances where we've been totally outplayed but scrapped our backsides off for a point. That was definitely not the case today.

Result i will take but the performance was very worrying at times.
He needs to move on from the slow,sideways cack and learn to take barry off.

Perhaps he kept Barry on to keep a more defensive outlook and settle for the point, we were outplayed all game. Again, after a hectic, stressful week, a point against Spurs, away, really isn't that bad a result.

Perhaps he kept Barry on to keep a more defensive outlook and settle for the point, we were outplayed all game. Again, after a hectic, stressful week, a point against Spurs, away, really isn't that bad a result.
Not a bad result no but it needs to be more down to design than luck.
Barry gave about 4 gifts to them 2nd half he was gone mate

Some of you are absolutely pathetic we play a quite fantastic style of football that resulted in us having 3 shots on target today. Some of you are complaining? Hahahaha NSNO means nothing to you, that style of performance against a massively underperforming team missing their most creative player (Eriksson) is perfectly adequate for a top of the bottom half of the league finish. Chances are massively overrated

The majority played 120 mins the other night, including a left back who I am probably more match fit than.

God knows what's going on with the stones thing and how that may have knocked morale a bit

I wasn't happy with the second half performance but a point at spurs is a point earned. There's a bit fight in them this year. Need to improve the pace of the attack but not as bad as I thought after the first half against Watford, I was ready with the bleach.

When we got safe last year I was happy to give him to Xmas this year, think we'll be more than ok when we get into our groove

But we still got the point. I'm satisfied with that.

It must just be the keyboard warriors, I'm sure 99% of the fanbase would take that result today.

A draw away at Spurs is a good result if you choose to overlook the context of it and the implications for the rest of the season.

Not a bad result no but it needs to be more down to design than luck.
Barry gave about 4 gifts to them 2nd half he was gone mate

We won't even remember this game in a week's time. Points on the board are the most important thing from a dire game like that. I bet Spurs are thinking similar things though!

We won't even remember this game in a week's time. Points on the board are the most important thing from a dire game like that. I bet Spurs are thinking similar things though!
Yeah a point is good but we need to be evolving as a team and creating chances as well

How many do you think we'll have after the next 6 games? People keep saying that the fixtures are difficult but they don't get any easier and won't do all season. Whether we'll find the likes of Sunderland at home any easier to play against is massively debatable anyway.

God knows mate frankly, what i do know is that the only team that looks very good this season we've already played (and lost to), been the worst quality i can remember for years at the start of this season so far.

Still think we will end up on a fair more points than i thought 3 weeks ago though by the 10 game mark

The Martinez brand of football right there, for all to see today. Only our keeper saving us from a heavy defeat.
The squad looks desparatley thin now, and his ability in the market doesn't inspire confidence.
Still, ...Barry is available and will be the first name on teamsheet.

What did you expect after the week weve had. A point is welcome there now...or haven't you been there when weve got sweet FA when we deserved better. Barry wasn't the best today I agree. Realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back