Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being honest i thought we'd be sat on less than 5 points at this point, so can't complain that much, that Watford game will come back to haunt us though then again we robbed a point today frankly

I'll take the result but the performance as largely mince.

Barry looks a liability at times, and yet is seemingly immune to the hook.

The game was crying out for young Deulofeu, and yet he gives him 7 minutes.

Meh, one of the most frustrating games I've sat through in a while, as the shortcomings where obvious and yet he did nothing to address them. Hooking Lukaku and leaving Kone on was mystifying.

Some of you are absolutely pathetic we play a quite fantastic style of football that resulted in us having 3 shots on target today. Some of you are complaining? Hahahaha NSNO means nothing to you, that style of performance against a massively underperforming team missing their most creative player (Eriksson) is perfectly adequate for a top of the bottom half of the league finish. Chances are massively overrated

Another solid result.

4 of the nightmare start games out of the way and only one defeat to City and safe passage through the LC game.

I think most of us would have snapped the hand off anyone offering that when the fixtures came out.

Boss man looks like he's determined to get a determined effort from the team.
I wouldn't say snapped of your hand but it's a sold grade B.

However in although the games looked hard on paper. Southampton are rubbish this season and Spurs haven't got going at all.

The Martinez brand of football right there, for all to see today. Only our keeper saving us from a heavy defeat.
The squad looks desparatley thin now, and his ability in the market doesn't inspire confidence.
Still, ...Barry is available and will be the first name on teamsheet.

We played like a sunday league team for large parts my orange friend.
He needs to dump this clueless slow football he seems to think works or it could bite him on the arse
One point away and three points at home. That's the yardstick. Let's see how many teams go to WHL and come away with three points this season. Not many I'm guessing.

What is it with some people?

We got a win midweek in a tricky LC tie and now we pick up a point away from home at a tough ground?

Suit yourself mate, I'm very happy with that weeks work

A hard earned point against a well financed team, you'd have taken the results so far when the fixtures came out, and after the furore of the last week.

To play poorly and come away with a draw is promising at this stage, they're fighting hard for eachother.

Being honest i thought we'd be sat on less than 5 points at this point, so can't complain that much, that Watford game will come back to haunt us though then again we robbed a point today frankly

How many do you think we'll have after the next 6 games? People keep saying that the fixtures are difficult but they don't get any easier and won't do all season. Whether we'll find the likes of Sunderland at home any easier to play against is massively debatable anyway.

The Martinez brand of football right there, for all to see today. Only our keeper saving us from a heavy defeat.
The squad looks desparatley thin now, and his ability in the market doesn't inspire confidence.
Still, ...Barry is available and will be the first name on teamsheet.
Was that the Martinez 'brand' seen at the Southampton too, or did someone else take charge of that game? And the 72 point first season, also the Martinez brand? I hope so. I'll have some of that brand.

Some of you are absolutely pathetic we play a quite fantastic style of football that resulted in us having 3 shots on target today. Some of you are complaining? Hahahaha NSNO means nothing to you, that style of performance against a massively underperforming team missing their most creative player (Eriksson) is perfectly adequate for a top of the bottom half of the league finish. Chances are massively overrated

Go and support Chelsea.

One point away and three points at home. That's the yardstick. Let's see how many teams go to WHL and come away with three points this season. Not many I'm guessing.

What is it with some people?

We got a win midweek in a tricky LC tie and now we pick up a point away from home at a tough ground?

Suit yourself mate, I'm very happy with that weeks work
Result i will take but the performance was very worrying at times.
He needs to move on from the slow,sideways cack and learn to take barry off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back