Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd have said that in the 1st place then I wouldn't have felt the need to comment. You're not very clear in what you want to say a lot of the time though and seem to change stance a fair bit.

You initially suggested the board don't do anything and leave everything to the CEO and Martinez. You then appeared to suggest one of the other posters had some sort of agenda when they pulled you on this. Finally when you do make a valid point (about the board setting the budget and Martinez making the football decisions) it doesn't fit with your previous posts. That's were the confusion comes from.

It's scatter gun posting to the extreme. Post enough thoughts and you'll finally hit one that makes sense.

Sorry for having a go as I do agree wih some of the posts you do make - just a lot of them are very confusing and don't seem to have much point to them.

You're right though - Martinez manages all footballing decisions and appears to have the backing of Kenwright in this - that's how it was with Moyes and it's continued with Martinez. Once everyone accepts this it's much easier
Saying they did nothing was hyperbole what I meant was they didn't micromanage. I did say Martinez had targets so I didn't think that would be taken literally.

I'm glad you agree and with out wanting to split hairs Martinez doesn't have the backing in this, he has the backing period.

That's my point, not every decision is taken at board level.

So the Barry and McCarthy obsession continues. I can't understand how he fails to see how much this is going to cost us this season, especially in those games we'd consider home bankers.

The most infuriating thing tonight was the fact how much Spurs were there for the taking, but we nearly ended up gifting them the win. The squad has the exact same mental flaws that have plagued us for years, we just didn't believe we could get the three points.

Tonight was easily one of Barry's worst matches in the blue shirt, 9 out of 10 touches/passes/decisions are bad and he nearly ends up gifting them multiple goals.

Bobby really needs to bench him next match. He didn't play midweek and he looked the most knackered out there from whistle to whistle.

Another solid result.

4 of the nightmare start games out of the way and only one defeat to City and safe passage through the LC game.

I think most of us would have snapped the hand off anyone offering that when the fixtures came out.

Boss man looks like he's determined to get a determined effort from the team.

I honestly wish somebody could explain what his 'system' is. Because if its possession then why the hell dont the players close down the opposition like a pack of dogs? Our defending is really just so peculiar, its like we get sliced open by the simplest of plays.

Liked his subs but the persistence with 2 DM REALLY needs to change.

Another solid result.

4 of the nightmare start games out of the way and only one defeat to City and safe passage through the LC game.

I think most of us would have snapped the hand off anyone offering that when the fixtures came out.

And i agree with this, but that i do not. I dont see the team persisting with pressure on the opposition in any phase of the game. They constantly sit back everywhere.

Another solid result.

What do you make of the fact that Barry and McCarthy look set to start in every game again this season (save for injuries and suspensions) and how much that's going to cost us in games when we're trying to unlock stubborn defences?

I honestly wish somebody could explain what his 'system' is. Because if its possession then why the hell dont the players close down the opposition like a pack of dogs? Our defending is really just so peculiar, its like we get sliced open by the simplest of plays.

Liked his subs but the persistence with 2 DM REALLY needs to change.

The number of times we allow them to bring the ball into our box without attempting anything to win it back is beyond believe. All we did was back off and back off until a shot is conceded.

Another solid result.

The boss man got lucky today we were awful for large parts of that game if you watched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back