Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would only have been jeopardised if the cash wasn't found elsewhere. These owners are massively rich people. Do you think if they had the option of making Everton pay for their failings or pay for it themselves they'd choose the latter? They secured their assets and future profit levels when a sale arrives by getting the team to take the hit and pay their interest payments down ON THEIR ASSET for them. If more money would would have gone to the team they'd have had to find that cash elsewhere to protect their assets.

Moyes was a boon to those people. He pretty much said: 'On you go. We'll manage with what we have'.

He had half an eye on the United job and that was dreamland stuff for this board - having a manager determined to show he could do things on a budget and keep his trap shut.

Ah okay, misunderstood your argument, your saying Moyes should of got the board to give him money from their pockets...
Do you think Martinez will get the board to give him money from their pockets?

I'm guessing no.. therefore your argument still doesn't add up.

Yea even if we do eventually sell our prized assets for the stadium project the TV money has allowed them to at least wait a season or two. It's not this year we will really know were Martinez will be tested but next year if the stadium project goes forward.

lrgscalecoaster-only-fools-and-horses-millionaires.jpg

Ah okay, misunderstood your argument, your saying Moyes should of got the board to give him money from their pockets...
Do you think Martinez will get the board to give him money from their pockets?

I'm guessing no.. therefore your argument still doesn't add up.
I think @davek has said that he expects Martinez to be no different in that regard or I'm I missing something.

Hardly I just think this time next year we will know for sure if we are actually serious about WHP.

If we are then we're going to have to sell someone big. Possibly even two players to make up for not selling Stones this year and that's when things will get interesting.

He is a natural risk taker, look at his windows, he gambles big on players both in terms of cost and how late in the window he leaves it) and even the way he sets his team up is to commit men forward although we did lose a little of that last season.

I dont think thats him taking risks leaving things late in the window, Moyes signed far more players on deadline day. I think one window he got 4/5 in on the last day. More to do with seeing what he could spend and the board getting some money, he got two in quite early and he's been after three players for about 2 weeks now even though most supporters knew this would never happen and it would always go down to the window. Mori and Rodriguez have been over a week now still no idea what the hold up is.

I dont think thats him taking risks leaving things late in the window, Moyes signed far more players on deadline day. I think one window he got 4/5 in on the last day. More to do with seeing what he could spend and the board getting some money, he got two in quite early and he's been after three players for about 2 weeks now even though most supporters knew this would never happen and it would always go down to the window. Mori and Rodriguez have been over a week now still no idea what the hold up is.
Both work permits. In fact I will be amazed if either get one.

So are you saying kenwright wanted to sell stones but Martinez stopped him. Come on let's talk facts here. It would have been kenwrights decision not to sell stones. I know you don't like this board and neither do I but who have to acknowledge when your wrong and not give the credit to someone else. You said this board would sell stones to fund this window as I to thought they would. As of yet they have not sold stones and that's kenwrights decision not Martinez. You can't complain at kenwright when we sell a player then praise the manager when we don't.
We will only know if we didn't need to sell Stones to fund this transfer window if we spend big in the next few days or we go with what we have plus loans

Why does that not fit with your little story you want to present to the fans so you can undermine the board?

Do you even know what point you're trying to make half the time? Because I genuinely don't have a clue about what's going on in the majority of your ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back