Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dier is much more expansive in his play than McCarthy and Barry put together. That's a bit Embarrasing tbh.

I don't know whether it's tactics but Barry and McCarthy haven't got any interest in offering a threat to the opposition. I really don't think you can afford to have two midfielders playing in that manner.

Wasn't a great performance but after what has gone on and the midweek extra time we can't complain. Could easily have been a loss but it wasn't. Bring on Maureen and the southern softies.

First half performance wasn't too bad; second half was woeful for a good 30 mind. Still lack of movement in the final third.

However; a point at spurs is always a decent return.

Good rest, splash some cash on Tuesday, smash Chelsea next week

I don't know whether it's tactics but Barry and McCarthy haven't got any interest in offering a threat to the opposition. I really don't think you can afford to have two midfielders playing in that manner.

.....they both sit in, mainly to release our full backs but that doesn't happen so much these days.

Rather lucky than unlucky.

Good point away to a team most/all in this league would accept a point away to.

It's THAT simple.

It's all about the time of season you play teams. I guess in the long run it will look like a good point but that was not a great Spurs side today and a more ambitious set up probably would've taken advantage of that.

Rather lucky than unlucky.

Good point away to a team most/all in this league would accept a point away to.

It's THAT simple.
We played like a sunday league team for large parts my orange friend.
He needs to dump this clueless slow football he seems to think works or it could bite him on the arse

.....they both sit in, mainly to release our full backs but that doesn't happen so much these days.

Wouldn't make a difference if one of them wasn't there. Our defence always looks susceptible to counter attacks anyway.

Put Barkley in there so he can drive forward and dictate the tempo of the game, it's got to be at least worth a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back