Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting to see how we set up against Chelsea. Match of the day made the point that Ivanovic had a defensive shocker yesterday and the Palace defence wound up Costa to the point he became ineffective.

Mirallas or del on the left and told don't track Ivanovic if he gets up and exploit the space behind him and McCarthy man marking Costa nipping at his heels for 90 mins I reckon.

Perfect game to play Besic instead of Barry, more creative better at man-marking. I would also try both Del and Kev playing.

I think there is significant money and we will all be in for a shocker when we spend 20 mil on deadline day. Or at least I'm hoping.
I don't. I think we've missed out on our targets and he won't panic buy. My guess will be that it will be an Atsu like loan.

De Guzman, Januzaj or personally what I think the most likely Bernard who I wouldn't mind on a loan.

With 2 days to go time is running out. If he fails with yarmolenko and leaves us with no one there can be no excuses.
PA-9279694.jpg

I don't. I think we've missed out on our targets and he won't panic buy. My guess will be that it will be an Atsu like loan.

De Guzman, Januzaj or personally what I think the most likely Bernard who I wouldn't mind on a loan.

Don't want Bernard. Too small.

If the budget is only 10m-15m then he could have sold players. His job is to manage the resources he is given. I however do think we have the budget although I question if we have the budget without paying in installments.

I also would like to know where a net spend of 15m will put us compared to everyone else.

I said at the start of the window a net spend of 15m wasn't high enough and stand by that but if that's the figure it has also been mismanaged.

If the budget is only 10m-15m then he could have sold players. His job is to manage the resources he is given. I however do think we have the budget although I question if we have the budget without paying in installments.

I also would like to know where a net spend of 15m will put us compared to everyone else.

I said at the start of the window a net spend of 15m wasn't high enough and stand by that but if that's the figure it has also been mismanaged.
I agree. Stones for me needed to go. The owners said no. That means they then provide the cash for signings then doesn't it?...out of the cash they receive off the tv deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back