Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on. The owners didn't want to sell Stones. We know that because they said so.

So why hasn't Martinez spent more than £4.5M? If he's being given cash and he's identified three positions needed to be filled, he'd spend it wouldn't he?
Not if he thought we would get Yarmolenko.

Martinez also said he wanted to keep Stones so that point doesn't make sense.

McCarthy or Mirallas

McCarthy is considered a key player who is pretty much guaranteed to start every game.

Mirallas has an excellent goal return in his time here, also if he were to be sold to raise funds for a playmaker, then we'd still need another winger after that.

Not if he thought we would get Yarmolenko.

Martinez also said he wanted to keep Stones so that point doesn't make sense.

So we're supposed to believe this manager of ours - desperate for players (because, as he says, this will be the squad he'll have for the next 10 months) - hasn't spent cash because he wont accept that the Kiev owner is serious about keeping his player and therefore he'll continue to put all his eggs in that basket and it's his fault therefore if we dont bring other players in?

That's the script to an episode of Twin Peaks mate. Utterly baffling and nonsensical.

McCarthy is considered a key player who is pretty much guaranteed to start every game.

Mirallas has an excellent goal return in his time here, also if he were to be sold to raise funds for a playmaker, then we'd still need another winger after that.
If we bought a No10 I would play Barkley there or Cleverly if I wanted to be a bit more defensive.

McCarthy is definitely one of our best players but he can be replaced in the squad. A playmaker is more important.

Same with Mirallas neither is more important than a playmaker.

Think things will settle down a bit once the window closes. Not a great performance yesterday, and we are really struggling to create without Baines (first half, nearly everything came through the right side and Coleman is at this best when he has space to burst into), but I don't think it's necessarily a negative sign for the season.

So we're supposed to believe this manager of ours - desperate for players (because, as he says, this will be the squad he'll have for the next 10 months) - hasn't spent cash because he wont accept that the Kiev owner is serious about keeping his player and therefore he'll continue to put all his eggs in that basket and it's his fault therefore if we dont bring other players in?

That's the script to an episode of Twin Peaks mate. Utterly baffling and nonsensical.
So why hasn't he brought one in?

If it's a question of money he could have sold so if the player is that important which I agree that he is he would have sold someone which is why I believe the money is available and the fact we actually did bid for Yarmolenko backs that up.

So why hasn't he brought one in?

If it's a question of money he could have sold so if the player is that important
which I agree that he is he would have sold someone which is why I believe the money is available and the fact we actually did bid for Yarmolenko backs that up.

That's entirely the point: there is no cash if he chooses not to sell...that's what 'not needing to sell' means at Kenwright's Everton. It means you can keep quality players, but just dont expect to sign any more if you do.

In other words - unless he wants to see one quality player out and another one in to stand still - his hands are tied.

That's entirely the point: there is no cash if he chooses not to sell...that's what 'not needing to sell' means at Kenwright's Everton. It means you can keep quality players, but just dont expect to sign any more if you do.

In other words - unless he wants to see one quality player out and another one in to stand still - his hands are tied.
i don't think that means his hands are tied just he didn't want to make a hard decision but if you prefer to blame the board then fair enough. They certainly don't make his job any easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back