Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted a number 10 you would have got one in two years.
You must understand that surely
At everton you have to do things slowly because of lack of backing, He had osman and pienaar doing the job first season, so he bought the priority which was rom, now hes looking for the number 10 this season

Come on mate, it's not that easy. We don't know which players he has identified over the last couple of years and whether they have been available or if the funds were there to spend etc.
If you want to play a certain way you bring in the players to play it.
The board are a disgrace but with the loan market and him having 2 years to try a few things out he could have got someone in.

If you want to play a certain way you bring in the players to play it.
The board are a disgrace but with the loan market and him having 2 years to try a few things out he could have got someone in.

Let's not forget we've had Osman and Pienaar the last couple of years who are our best options in that position. Now Pienaar is crocked and Osman is in his 50s now is the time to buy. I think it's a case of Martinez strengthening other positions first because the players became available and we can't go out and spend on multiple players in one window.

It will be frustrating if we don't get anyone in over the next couple of days.

Can't blame him he's tried for yarmolenko an the board never delivered he's had poor backing
Like i say the board are a disgrace but there are others out there.
Yarmelenko is not the only number 10 in the world.
If the board have hid the money he will have to find other ways of getting a player to kickstart his system.
Maybe he should have sold a player to generate some cash he is not helpless .

Let's not forget we've had Osman and Pienaar the last couple of years who are our best options in that position. Now Pienaar is crocked and Osman is in his 50s now is the time to buy. I think it's a case of Martinez strengthening other positions first because the players became available and we can't go out and spend on multiple players in one window.

It will be frustrating if we don't get anyone in over the next couple of days.
I think it will be a frustrating end to the window mate.

If you look at the actual discussion it's all rationale. Not one person calling for his head, just debating tactics and how we can improve.

Isn't that what forums are for?

Mate in case you hadn't noticed, cheese here doesn't grasp the concept that on a forum, other posters will hold differing views to himself. he's also suffering neg withdrawals.

I wouldn't mind him not getting in an attacking midfielder if he just sorted out a decent passer of the ball to play in the middle. If anything, it'd make it easier to accommodate both Mirallas and Deulofeu.

Dembele, Ki, de Guzman, Banega... these players are out there.

Don't think Martinez knows his best side,also don't think he has a plan,every game we dominate possession for first 20/30 minutes zero shots on target,and then fall away,
we have needed a play maker since Arteta left,and if he doesn't bring one in in this window I fear the worst..

Don't think Martinez knows his best side,also don't think he has a plan,every game we dominate possession for first 20/30 minutes zero shots on target,and then fall away,
we have needed a play maker since Arteta left,and if he doesn't bring one in in this window I fear the worst..

Peanuts filled that role for us, and now he's caved in we have nobody.

Martinez knows this, and he has talked up signing a number 10 all year - lets just hope he manages to do that.

@GavinBuckland1: Roberto Martinez's 100th game as #efc manager today, won 45 matches, only Gordon Lee (50) & Harry Catterick (55) won more at that stage
...but, but, but...he says phenomenal too much...and erm....he makes us pass the ball and weird stuff...and erm....

I am hoping that the saying "out of adversity comes opportunity" is starting to apply to Roberto Martinez. He has acted really well during the Stones affair. He made very clear statements of intent and stuck to them. Has he embarrassing the board into doing what he wanted? Has he now strengthened his hand in running the club?
I have to say he looks like a more driven man now.
Hope this is true and I hope he has the ability and strength to continue in the same vein. If he buys a good attacking midfielder, I for one would be back on board with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back