Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we had moved earlier before the interest from Barca.

http://www.football-espana.net/53749/yarmolenko-‘still-wants-barca’

I still think there's a good chance Nolito is their main target because even though Nolito signed a new deal increasing his buyout which would have seemingly indicated the Barca deal is dead what has actually happened is the buyout hasn't increased if Barca are the buyers.

Yarmolenko might still be available in January if Barca do end up going to for Nolito. Let's hope by then we are riding high in the league and a more attractive proposition.

I still think there's a good chance Nolito is their main target because even though Nolito signed a new deal increasing his buyout which would have seemingly indicated the Barca deal is dead what has actually happened is the buyout hasn't increased if Barca are the buyers.

Yarmolenko might still be available in January if Barca do end up going to for Nolito. Let's hope by then we are riding high in the league and a more attractive proposition.

Are you on some sort of charitable sponsorship crusade using the name Nolito?

I'll help you out.
With Graveson still at Club in 2004/05.....P22 W13 D4 L5
sold to Real Madrid P16 W5 D3 L8

I actually meant during his entire time at Everton.
I was told that in all the games he started for Everton, we lost more than we won ??

As someone who says they are involved in journalism, actually for once check the source it's the same bleeding one that has been cited by all these crap papers adn sites, it is a bad bad spanish paper renowned for just making stuff up

Its one genuine source its based everything upon is yarmolenko saying his dream is to play for Barca

and @Adversus , just explain to me one simple thing here, All these sources are saying Barca are gonna come in with a 20m Euro bid in January, so breaking it down they didn't bid for him - this same paper admits that that started all these rumours for 20m in August - instead their gonna let him get to the point the can sign him on a free and then bid 20m Euro's for a player who is now actually cup tied for the CL.

utter fabricated nonsense

Just because the original source has a spanish name in the title of the rag that prints it your regarding it as genuine, just imagine it was in the Metro mate thats the spanish equivalent of it

As someone who says they are involved in journalism, actually for once check the source it's the same bleeding one that has been cited by all these crap papers adn sites, it is a bad bad spanish paper renowned for just making stuff up

Its one genuine source its based everything upon is yarmolenko saying his dream is to play for Barca
'Involved in Journalism' = 'has paper round' ;-)

I didn't say I was involved with journalism in that way. It's not just the same article they are referring to but they are adding the fact that Nolito didn't just extend his contract but left a buyout clause for Barca. That changes the Yarmolenko situation a little to being a bit more positive for us. I thought that might be something people would like to know.

I didn't say I was involved with journalism in that way. It's not just the same article they are referring to but they are adding the fact that Nolito didn't just extend his contract but left a buyout clause for Barca. That changes the Yarmolenko situation a little to being a bit more positive for us. I thought that might be something people would like to know.

It is all from the same source originally - the Spanish paper mate trust me on that, their is not one verifiable quote or statement made in that that wasn't already out their more than a month ago.

One paper quotes the Spanish one, another quotes the one quoting the Spanish one and round and round it goes till their actually looks like multiple papers have leads on the story - their all originating from that one Jarg source though, If the original source had legs then fair doe's but this is like quoting the Metro for news about a player, they are renowned for headlines that never come true

and @Adversus , just explain to me one simple thing here, All these sources are saying Barca are gonna come in with a 20m Euro bid in January, so breaking it down they didn't bid for him - this same paper admits that that started all these rumours for 20m in August - instead their gonna let him get to the point the can sign him on a free and then bid 20m Euro's for a player who is now actually cup tied for the CL.

utter fabricated nonsense

Just because the original source has a spanish name in the title of the rag that prints it your regarding it as genuine, just imagine it was in the Metro mate thats the spanish equivalent of it
No what they are saying if you would open your mind is but I have to put it in context.

1. Everton were about to finalize the deal with Yarmolenko.
2. Pedro was sold.
3. Nolito deal fell through because Celta didn't accept an 8m bid
4. Nolito signed a new contract

Now Sport said.
5. Barca will meet Surkis at the CL draw to discuss possibility of Barca in January

Back to the facts
6. Yarmolenko said Everton's bid was serious but dream is to play for Barca and doesn't want to meet Barca in CL group stage.
7. Surkis after the draw says that Yarmolenko will be staying
8. Window closes

Now Sport says
9. Yarmolenko not Surkis refuses Everton because of possibility of playing for Barca
10. Nolito's new contract hasn't actually put Barca's buyout any higher so that deal could still be on.

What actually happened?

Who knows but it looks like Barca said there was a chance they might want him in January and Yarmolenko thought that was better than moving here permanently. It's not actually that complicated.

Last edited:

No what they are saying if you would open your mind is but I have to put it in context.

1. Everton where about to finalize the deal with Yarmolenko.
2. Pedro was sold.
3. Nolito deal fell through because Celta didn't accept an 8m bid
4. Nolito signed a new contract

Now Sport said.
5. Barca will meet Surkis at the CL draw to discuss possibility of Barca in January

Back to the facts
6. Yarmolenko said Everton's bid was serious but dream is to play for Barca and doesn't want to meet Barca in CL group stage.
7. Surkis after the draw says that Yarmolenko will be staying
8. Window closes

Now Sport says
9. Yarmolenko not Surkis refuses Everton because of possibility of playing for Barca
10. Nolito's new contract hasn't actually put Barca's buyout any higher so that deal could still be on.

What actually happened?

Who knows but it looks like Barca said there was a chance they might want him in January and Yarmolenko thought that was better than moving here permanently.

Errrrrm taking a bit of a liberty with the truth their mate, show me the interviews - where he states it in that way, you won't be able to as you've either quoted a paper who rearranged it to sell a story or you've just taken liberties with the truth.

I read/heard all the original interviews as they happened mate, at no single point did he say he had turned us down, not mentioned turning anyone down due to interest from Barca, his only mention of Barca in that context was their had been no contact at all.

Can show you hundreds of accounts of mplayers mentioning that their dream is to play for x,y and z, doesn't mean nothing but can be span to sell a story

Errrrrm taking a bit of a liberty with the truth their mate, show me the interviews - where he states it in that way, you won't be able to as you've either quoted a paper who rearranged it to sell a story or you've just taken liberties with the truth.

I read/heard all the original interviews as they happened mate, at no single point did he say he had turned us down, not mentioned turning anyone down due to interest from Barca, his only mention of Barca in that context was their had been no contact at all.

Can show you hundreds of accounts of mplayers mentioning that their dream is to play for x,y and z, doesn't mean nothing but can be span to sell a story
I'm not taking any liberties with the truth. It's all on the internet so do your own research. If I'm wrong come here and post where I'm wrong.

e.g. Where did I say Yarmolenko said he had been approached by Barca?

Yarmolenko may have been approached after that point. It may have also also been fabricated by Surkis to keep Yarmolenko happy until January for all we know.

But what I have listed are the facts. Make up your own mind sure but don't tell me that time line is wrong.

I'm not taking any liberties with the truth. It's all on the internet so do your own research. If I'm wrong come here and post where I'm wrong.

e.g. Where did I say Yarmolenko said he had been approached by Barca?

Yarmolenko may have been approached after that point. It may have also also been fabricated by Surkis to keep Yarmolenko happy until January for all we know.

But what I have listed are the facts. Make up your own mind sure but don't tell me that time line is wrong.

Christ i give up mate, it's utterly hopeless trying to talk sense into you, Neymar must have been bid on by United as well i guess as it was IN THE INTERNET they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back