Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ i give up mate, it's utterly hopeless trying to talk sense into you, Neymar must have been bid on by United as well i guess as it was IN THE INTERNET they did
I never said here that this "must" have happened. You take it to the other extreme. Nothing is believable and therefore nothing happens until the transfer is announced which is fine if you have that view but if you do why are you so interested. News articles are just simply the little clues that are left along the way and some people enjoy figuring them out.

But Graverson wasn't the reason we did so well in the first half of that season. Also it would have been impossible for Everton to turn down a bid from Real Madrid and keep the player happy, even if he only had 6 months of his contract left.

Oh no? I'd say he was, along with Carsley and I'm still convinced Real bought the wrong one.

Si Senor Bill, we want the baldly one who plays in the middle

Bill points

Si El Baldio

I get what you are saying, and there is a part of me that agrees. That said, Clev and Kone have been two of our better performers thus far whether we want to admit it or not.

Seen a load of boss looking lineups posted on here that would lose 6-3 more often than not.

My biggest concern is that our aging keeper has been under fire thus far. While he's produced a Renaissance of sorts thus far, I am not convinced he can keep it up facing the amount of shots he's required to save.

Our defense needs sorting...they need to play as a unit. We love Stones...he's got class and we can all see it. He is also prone to big errors defensively. The ridiculous thing is Stones will be forgiven for his errors where Distin/Alcaraz were slated. More Fun is already the next who will be on the firing line even though he is young. Our fans are so weird in the fickle nature in which they support one player versus another. ANYWAY I'm getting off topic in my response, the priority at the moment for me is tightening it up at the back.

We've never tried playing Del and Mirallas, or even Lennon and Mirallas since the United game I believe. But I see what your saying. However we'll never know unless they play will we? As for our defence, I actually think it is sound minus Galloway at left back- which isn't his natural position anyway. We've let 4 goals in 4 games. In the same 4 fixtures last year (replace Hull with Watford) we would've conceded 7.

I never said here that this "must" have happened. You take it to the other extreme. Nothing is believable and therefore nothing happens until the transfer is announced which is fine if you have that view but if you do why are you so interested. News articles are just simply the little clues that are left along the way and some people enjoy figuring them out.

I think the point being made, mate, is that you keep throwing up these random players who you think we should have signed: Quintero, Cheryshev, Nolito. Then you compare them to who we have signed and state that our dealings are underwhelming or Martinez has missed a trick.

The three mentioned above may be out of our pay bracket, they might not want to come to england, they may not speak the language...etc etc etc... hell they may even not be that good/suited to the league itself.

You then use random links like the liverpool gossip column or 'sportswitness' to qualify your point that these players are our targets and our failure to get them over the line, and as stated above our actual signings (Lennon) are a stick to beat the manager or his aspirations for the team with.

Lastly you say 'news articles are simply the little clues'...that's incredibly naive of you mate. Only a few days ago the Echo ran an article with all of the paper links over the summer regarding Everton. How many of those players do you actually think we enquired about? I think most would agree it's a very, very small percentage.

I think the point being made, mate, is that you keep throwing up these random players who you think we should have signed: Quintero, Cheryshev, Nolito. Then you compare them to who we have signed and state that our dealings are underwhelming or Martinez has missed a trick.

The three mentioned above may be out of our pay bracket, they might not want to come to england, they may not speak the language...etc etc etc... hell they may even not be that good/suited to the league itself.

You then use random links like the liverpool gossip column or 'sportswitness' to qualify your point that these players are our targets and our failure to get them over the line, and as stated above our actual signings (Lennon) are a stick to beat the manager or his aspirations for the team with.

Lastly you say 'news articles are simply the little clues'...that's incredibly naive of you mate. Only a few days ago the Echo ran an article with all of the paper links over the summer regarding Everton. How many of those players do you actually think we enquired about? I think most would agree it's a very, very small percentage.
I never threw up Quintero or Cheryshev. Cheryshev was someone I thought might be an option and Quintero I wasn't even a fan of but he was available on loan.

The difference is that there where reasonably strong rumours regarding Nolito and Yarmolenko. I don't think we missed a trick with Nolito. I questioned why we were even interested in him because he was never an option. I also question why we seemingly put all our eggs in the Yarmolenko basket and left it too late.

I think I can determine which links are credible and which aren't. As I showed with the timeline it's not just the links it's the time line of events when the links come out.

I never threw up Quintero or Cheryshev. Cheryshev was someone I thought might be an option and Quintero I wasn't even a fan of but he was available on loan.

The difference is that there where reasonably strong rumours regarding Nolito and Yarmolenko. I don't think we missed a trick with Nolito. I questioned why we were even interested in him because he was never an option. I also question why we seemingly put all our eggs in the Yarmolenko basket and left it too late.

I think I can determine which links are credible and which aren't. As I showed with the timeline it's not just the links it's the time line of events when the links come out.

Just a selection of your previous posts on this Nolito obsession of yours and now your claiming we've not missed a trick signing him ffs. It's just you who's making these baseless claims. I've never seen anyone else on here and there's been no credible rumours about him ever.

No it's not. With Nolito we would have a first eleven that would be as good as anyone's man for man except for Chelsea. If we where lucky with injuries it would be possible.

Liverpool, Spurs, City and Utd are all in transition.

Adversus, Jun 30, 2015Report
#2299Like

I don't think so. I think he put all his eggs in the Nolito basket and didn't get him. He probably also expected to get Deulofeu back and not have Pienaar and Osman out for so long.

Adversus, Jul 2, 2015Report
#24Like+ QuoteReply

7m would be a steal if we could get Nolito for that. He's a player good enough to literally be the difference between Champions League and not.

Adversus, Jun 30, 2015Report
#2259Like

The clubs that do their business early unless they are the very top clubs end up with a load of over priced rubbish like when Spurs and Liverpool did it. Unfortunately it always leaves us in this situation were our main target rests on a big gamble. Yarmolenko this year. Nolito last year. etc.

Adversus, Friday at 10:07 AMReport
#12448Like+ QuoteReply

Which is the reason why we really should have got someone else in this window. Last year we missed out on Nolito and sacrificed our season until we brought in Lennon. This year we missed out on Yarmolenko and again brought in Lennon. Either Lennon is our play maker or Martinez has failed to find that player for 3 windows. Yarmolenko won't be coming in January and I really hope Martinez hasn't miscalculated again in thinking that he will.

Adversus, Yesterday at 9:26 AMReport
#375Like+ QuoteReply

We've never been interested, only in your head. We were interested in Yarmolenko, hence the bids and credible articles. end of story.

Finito with all this Nolito for gods sake.

Mate it's crappy football journalists checking the net for any jarg link and then copy pasting it into their own articles, it's not the bloody Da Vinci code

Just a selection of your previous posts on this Nolito obsession of yours and now your claiming we've not missed a trick signing him ffs. It's just you who's making these baseless claims. I've never seen anyone else on here and there's been no credible rumours about him ever.

We've never been interested, only in your head. We were interested in Yarmolenko, hence the bids and credible articles. end of story.

Oh LOL

510NZA6AEYL.jpg

howardevertonqpr.jpg

Tim Howard tried to applaud this post, but lost track of it

jlyxh.jpg

No, they are generally made up tosh and you seem to enjoy posting endlessly on scenarios made up in your head and pure guesswork based on said tosh. As for the last sentence, you might enjoy that, but I think the general reaction to your contribution on here should be telling you that many don't.

I think theres plenty of posters who post such nonsense every now and then. Its normal on any forum...but christ almighty you have verbal diaorrhea. It sometimes seems you are on a quest to reply to every single post ever, and it clogs up any thread you are in.

I think I can determine which links are credible and which aren't.

I think a poll on this would say otherwise. You display an amazing lack of self awareness on a post by post basis.

even if we WERE interested in Nolito, the player himself came out and said 'i have 0 interest in moving to England. The weather is bad, the food is bad. I like it here, the weather is nice. Im making good money. Why move?'.

Nolito was never on the cards.

We've not missed a trick because we never had any hope in signing him. That's not to say he wasn't a target. Nothing you quoted me saying was wrong.

Even this "Liverpool, Spurs, City and Utd are all in transition."

Which they were as proved by their poor league totals last year and Chelsea running away with it.

The price and quality of Nolito is apparent to anyone including apparently Barcelona.

Give it a rest with your credible rumour rubbish. We were linked with him on a variety of websites. Do a Google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back