Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
His hearts in the right place though and we seem tomlikecthe same types of players. Anyway I'm contradicting myself now so I'll shut up and go to bed.

His stock for me is at its lowest. Still not ready to say Martinez out just yet though. One thing I'll say in defence is that we've got the hardest opening fixtures of any club so I'm not surprised if we come out and play on the counter a lot. If we can get through these games ok we could really kick on from November onwards. Let's see how it goes is what I say.

We've done fine in the games. Little improvement and we can fly.

As far as the transfer window goes, not his fault the board didn't back him sooner.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt back then so even though it was bad I was in denial. I'm now coming around to the idea he might not be that great after all.

The signing of Mori is tipping it a bit. I know you can't judge just on that but after doing a bit of research on him the general consensus seems to be he's a bit crap. Anyway time will tell.

Could you share your research?

It was never on the cards because Nolito didn't want to come to England. Not because we didn't try.
I'm married.
My parents are still married.

And I have ABOVE average website skills. How dare you.

It absolutely amazes me that you are not a teenager and that you are married and are old enough to remember Ireland in Italia 90. And I am not saying that just to insult. Should make you think about how and what you post.

It absolutely amazes me that you are not a teenager and that you are married and are old enough to remember Ireland in Italia 90. And I am not saying that just to insult. Should make you think about how and what you post.
I'll do that if you promise to check Google before entering into a pointless argument with me when you are wrong.

I'll do that if you promise to check Google before entering into a pointless argument with me when you are wrong.

Your google search never brought up anything other than a report which said " according " to a Spanish rag with no direct quotes from the said chairman.

Think it's best to accept you are in the wrong and apologise for trying to be a WUM.

Your google search never brought up anything other than a report which said " according " to a Spanish rag with no direct quotes from the said chairman.

Think it's best to accept you are in the wrong and apologise for trying to be a WUM.
Did you ever think that perhaps the reason they never quoted the chairman was because he was speaking Spanish in that Spanish rag.

Did you ever think that perhaps the reason they never quoted the chairman was because he was speaking Spanish in that Spanish rag.

Mate, seriously, choose your battles!

You win some, you lose some, and by consensus we can confirm that most transfer speculation is absolute guff!

A better question is, do you think Martinez can lead us into the top 7 this season?

Mate, seriously, choose your battles!

You win some, you lose some, and by consensus we can confirm that most transfer speculation is absolute guff!

A better question is, do you think Martinez can lead us into the top 7 this season?

Yes.

How much better than top 7 will really depend on how often Barkley plays further back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back