Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak Spanish and checked the Spanish website on the link, it had no direct quotes.
If you believe they fabricated it why would it make a differences to you if they had it in quotation marks?

You either believe that what they are saying another person said is true or you don't. The specific words are irrelevant. I'm sure the journalist in question didn't think two people with too much time on their hands were going to use it as evidence of a credible link for something that happened over a year a go.

Seriously - the fun is over. This has just gone from the ridiculous to the absurd. Even as a wind up this has lost it's purposefulness. :red:

Certainly against the lesser teams but it really isn't Barry. It's simply playing two holding midfielders who don't offer enough in the final third.

Barry's lack of speed means you have to play McCarthy alongside him. Otherwise you end up with Palace at home in his first season, the opposition running past Barry for fun. He is too slow and too old for this league. We are carrying him whilst Barkley plays out of position, Besic kicks his heels on the bench, and all our forward players get bored waiting for a forward pass.

Barry's lack of speed means you have to play McCarthy alongside him. Otherwise you end up with Palace at home in his first season, the opposition running past Barry for fun. He is too slow and too old for this league. We are carrying him whilst Barkley plays out of position, Besic kicks his heels on the bench, and all our forward players get bored waiting for a forward pass.

The forwards get bored waiting for McCarthy to make a forward pass equally if not moreso than Barry.

I just meant it's not because Barry is playing badly. It's just that it no longer works. Palace aren't a good team to base anything on. They have one of the fastest most deadliest counter attacks there is and because they are Palace teams for some reason expect to have all the possession and it plays into their hands. They're a very dangerous team.

The problem is playing two holding midfielders who don't offer enough in the final third.

Excluding the goalkeeper, there are just 3 players in our team who sit in and don't attack and take risks positionally - Jagielka, Barry and McCarthy.

Playing Barkley deeper and another forward is just suicide, and very naive.

McCarthy is better at winning the ball. It's mainly because I really like when we play Barkley further back. It's not necessarily attacking those that play there.

I agree, McCarthy is better at breaking up the opposition play, but he's too slow at getting our offensive things moving... it's almost like he wants thanking before doing something massively positive.
Personally, I'd rather see Ross playing just behind and in support of Rom and another striker.

Excluding the goalkeeper, there are just 3 players in our team who sit in and don't attack and take risks positionally - Jagielka, Barry and McCarthy.

Playing Barkley deeper and another forward is just suicide, and very naive.

Puurrfect

5341329_orig.webp

Exactly what I don't get. Why play Barry when you have he man who man marked Messi and Bale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back