Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, McCarthy is better at breaking up the opposition play, but he's too slow at getting our offensive things moving... it's almost like he wants thanking before doing something massively positive.
Personally, I'd rather see Ross playing just behind and in support of Rom and another striker.
Frankly that's why I would like to see a Besic, Barkley and Deulofeu middle 3 partnership. I'm not saying that's what I think we should be playing this season every week but it should be what we are moving towards.

Besic did get taken out by his own teammate immediately prior to Messi scoring, to be fair.

He did but he wasn't going to stop Messi shooting, he was behind him. Having said that he won't be facing Messi every week. I would like to see him taking over the defensive midfield spot from Barry this year. I think McCarthy and him are the midfield we need with Barkley in behind two wingers and Lukaku.

He did but he wasn't going to stop Messi shooting, he was behind him. Having said that he won't be facing Messi every week. I would like to see him taking over the defensive midfield spot from Barry this year. I think McCarthy and him are the midfield we need with Barkley in behind two wingers and Lukaku.
I wouldn't necessary come to that conclusion. Besic has an ability to launch himself into tackles from miles away.

There has been some critique regards the SA players RM has signed. OF these we really only have info on Boselli in the PL and that was not good.

So wonder idc will the two now signed show RM can spot a player or he is hopeless. Be interesting idc to see how this pans out. Wonder when and who out of the two will get the first game time. Interestingly who will be dropped to make way for the new RM faves.

Messi scored when being man-marked by Besic people seem to forget.

spitting feathers though. the guy is possibly the greatest player to ever grace a football field and besic was a youngster playing in a bit of a foreign position. he kept him reasonably quiet for pretty much the whole game.

there's nothing wrong with people assessing the positives instead of picking out the negative.

If you believe they fabricated it why would it make a differences to you if they had it in quotation marks?

You either believe that what they are saying another person said is true or you don't. The specific words are irrelevant. I'm sure the journalist in question didn't think two people with too much time on their hands were going to use it as evidence of a credible link for something that happened over a year a go.

Seriously - the fun is over. This has just gone from the ridiculous to the absurd. Even as a wind up this has lost it's purposefulness. :red:

Seriously.....you posted that article in response to people saying there is no evidence Everton were in for Nolito. Amongst many other jarg links, you managed to select that one as the most credible and seemed to think this somehow proved your point.

The article has no quotes, but you decided that it is credible because it mentions the chairman had said we were interested. You incredibly even commented "How much more credible can you get?", and told another poster to learn how to use Google. This, about an article from a jarg website referencing a daily sports rag which is as jarg a source as can be found here in Spain.

It is then pointed out to you by @Moomin that the original spanish article also has no quotes. Showing clearly the article can't be trusted as credible, and most probably IMHO, having read that "newspaper" plenty, is completely made up.

Your response is highlighted above, and is a lovely example of the complete lack of self awareness you have.

Your response to the conversation should at some point have been "okay fair enough, no i don't have any evidence we were in for the player, I just choose to believe it and like posting millions of posts on stuff I choose to believe as fact".

On topic...I still like Bobby, but I'm a bit mad at him for not buying a playmaker. I'll get over it so long as he gets one in Jan.

I watched that again myself, at first I thought that he had lost Messi and he had, but the fact that Besic was taken out allowed Messi to pick his spot unchallenged and there was still scope for a slidey which could have got the ball, got Messi or blocked the shot.

I watched that again myself, at first I thought that he had lost Messi and he had, but the fact that Besic was taken out allowed Messi to pick his spot unchallenged and there was still scope for a slidey which could have got the ball, got Messi or blocked the shot.

Got Messi is the option I would go for, Besic can be a tad impetuous. I hope that as his game develops he doesn't loose that edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back