Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Executioners bong usually does a good tactical breakdown, don't know if that's still going

Yes, it does. But I'd like to see one from one of the posters who thinks that Martinez outwitted Mourinho today.

Chelsea had 15 shots today, 2 on target. Everton had 14, 9 on target. Perhaps Martinez' secret was to tell his team to shoot at goal.

Last edited:
Yes, it does. But I'd like to see one from one of the posters who thinks that Martinez outwitted Mourinho today.

I believe he did. He initally set up with the 3 of Barry, Besic and JMC, which would have forced Chelsea to beat us inside.

Mourhnio himself said this after the game and laughed that Besic went off and the plan still worked.

Did Pedro or Hazard have a sniff today ? No. Was that the plan ? Yes.

Chelsea had 15 shots today, 2 on target. Everton had 14, 9 on target. Perhaps Martinez' secret was to tell his team to shoot at goal.

So we were only 1 shot stat off the current EPL champions and had more on target, yet we won because we had more luck? Perhaps, you know, we played quite well?

So we were only 1 shot stat off the current EPL champions and had more on target, yet we won because we had more luck? Perhaps, you know, we played quite well?

We did play well but the team selection with besic on the left with our flair players on the bench was I thought stupid. Naismith came on bagged 3 good stuff but it won't always work so Martinez needs to look as his selections

I dont normally need a reason to rip into the useless Spanish clown, but I was actually pleased with the starting 11 today, it made loads of sense and Besic started.

Granted if it was anybody else at home the lack of wingers would have made me fume, but against Chelsea I think it made sense personally, Rom wasnt gonna win f all with balls in from wingers.

Today he got it right, im man enough to give praise when earned.

On the flip side, today's line up meant our full backs were afforded decent protection

Yeah it's kinda unfortunate because we needed someone to cover for Coleman and Galloway (who i thought did a fantastic job) so we can't choose Del. However i think Del should definitely come on as a sub when we're chasing a game or when it's level in the late minutes.

I believe he did. He initally set up with the 3 of Barry, Besic and JMC, which would have forced Chelsea to beat us inside.

Mourhnio himself said this after the game and laughed that Besic went off and the plan still worked.

Did Pedro or Hazard have a sniff today ? No. Was that the plan ? Yes.

It's pointless mate, Martinez can't win with some people.

His team selections have been bizarre to say the least. If we would of lost that would of been the first thing disected
Who's arsed lad, it seems to be working and we're picking up the points.

Those whining on about selections and formations were the same ones saying we'd be lucky to get 3 points from the first 10 games, always need something to moan about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back