Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas is a shadow of what he was, and his willingness to work for the team is at best poor.
In KM it is all about him, and with the run of games we have we can't afford that type of luxury

Also for me as a wide man he lags behind GD and AL

I agree. Though kone should not be out of position ahead of deulofeu or Lennon.

Big test for Roberto is west brom, we need to go out there with some creativity on the pitch, at least one of deulofeu or Lennon on to start with.

Mirallas is a shadow of what he was, and his willingness to work for the team is at best poor.
In KM it is all about him, and with the run of games we have we can't afford that type of luxury

Also for me as a wide man he lags behind GD and AL

Glad you still have McGeady behind him.

I hope Kev gets his chance and he will prove he is a player that can turn around a football game.

Definitely - I was looking for no character or domination platitudes today - we need to have the mentality of winners when teams like West Ham are going to anfield and city and doing this (which with the best will in the world we won't do, especially anfield) it's so much tighter now that a point away is not to be seen as a good thing, especially when we should have won
All the signs are that we're trying to be defensively solid but are going for it too.

The odd decision may be wrong, but I think RM has got this season spot on so far.

Last Season was an utter disaster from both him and the players. I know the season is only 6 games old but you can tell theres a massive improvement and he's looking like he's getting right again.

Have to say he is on track till now. I am happy to eat this humble pie when we get 4th at the end of season, hopefully.

I think Browning was lucky to get away from this today. He was letting crosses in too easily after 60/70 mins. Tired I supposed.
Yep. Not going to slate him and say 'he should never play again!' but he clearly needs a lot of work still. He's young, it will come with more games/training but he made quite a few mistakes that, thankfully, didnt lead to anything for Swansea.

Needs to stop being Moyesian in his subs. 65 and 90+ when clearly at least 3 players in attack were having off days.

Discounting the enforced sub last week mate which honestly wasn't planned or great tactics etc

the most influential subs had to be the cup game when he spun the game completely sending on two at half time.

think today would have been the time to throw Deulofeu and Lennon on at the our mark and really make the statement of going for it (note i don't say throw mirralas on lol), think though he got sucked into the way of thinking that we where on top and creating chances and was just a matter of time so waited and it never did come from those he left on

I think Browning was lucky to get away from this today. He was letting crosses in too easily after 60/70 mins. Tired I supposed.

Your clueless if you think Browning didn't play remarkably well given it was his début against one of the most dangerous and in form wingers in the league who by the end he had him laying it off backwards rather than trying to go past him

Your clueless if you think Browning didn't play remarkably well given it was his début against one of the most dangerous and in form wingers in the league who by the end he had him laying it off backwards rather than trying to go past him

I thought he was okay in the first half defensively. Second half towards the end not so good as their left winger put in a couple of dangerous crosses in. It's matter of opinion really. I am not slating him btw just think he needs time to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back