Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that we should bring him in. Yes it wasn't a bad result' I'm just merely wondering whether we would have been better getting him in than Martinez after Moyes left. Who know's that the future holds, Liverpool fans went from viewing Rodgers as wonderful in the 2013/2014 season. A year later they were flooding in the phone in's talking about how useless he is. Arsene Wenger has gone from being a hero to zero in less than a week. At the start of the season they were talking about winning the league, now on their forums they are talking about struggling to get into the top 4. I think Martinez is a good manager, I think he would probably be a great manager in the Spanish league or in Italy. In Spain the style of football you play is more important that the results, that's why Mourniho was never very popular at Real Madrid. My view is that I still think Martinez struggles with a plan B. If you look at our greatest performances under Martinez they were games against teams that play a similar style of football to us, we struggle against teams that sit back and invite us to attack them.

Why on Earth is this myth still being spread?

No, but he did see us dominate a team away from home and create at least 4 clear chances that all should have been put away.

Poor finishing let us down yesterday, not the squad selection. It would have been extremely harsh to bench Naismith and drop Kone give the former's hattrick and the latter's decent form in the opening games.
Nice to see common sense prevail

The thing about Martinez yesterday was that it was pretty clear from early on that Kone was having a stinker and Lukaku was having yet another one of those days....so why didnt he change it earlier, imo Kone should have been off at half time

Martinez with Everton:

Played 102
Won 46
Drawn 27
Lost 29.

Win % 45.10

Useless. Get Hughes or McLaren in.

That's not bad but you're living mostly off something that happened 2/3 seasons ago, that's as lame as kopites 5 times shout, you're livin in the past with that stat

That's not bad but you're living mostly off something that happened 2/3 seasons ago, that's as lame as kopites 5 times shout, you're livin in the past with that stat

LOL, you what? It's nothing like the '5 times' nonsense. Living in the past....

Oh dear, I've heard everything now. Must have been some tough first season for Martinez that, seeing as the stats are based on 102 games played.

That shows what a great job Moyes did considering he was around for over 500 odd games, doesn't it Dave.
Longevity helps, it's not a hindrance.

It is what it is that list. There's no arguing it away. Martinez is consistently a manager who'll get wins, more so than anyone other than Catterick - who also espoused attractive, no compromise football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back