Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Martinez yesterday was that it was pretty clear from early on that Kone was having a stinker and Lukaku was having yet another one of those days....so why didnt he change it earlier, imo Kone should have been off at half time
We don't have any other strikers mate

LOL, you what? It's nothing like the '5 times' nonsense. Living in the past....

Oh dear, I've heard everything now. Must have been some tough first season for Martinez that, seeing as the stats are based on 102 games played.

I'm talking about this season and this season only, which is 6 games, 2 win 3 draws 1 defeat, which is average not great, why on earth are you going on about 102 games for, stop going on about last season and the season before that, it's got no place in the argument for or against for this season

So what is 2 wins out of 6 in your eyes, magnificent is it, absolutely phenominal or out of this world
A good steady start, gained in a very difficult run of games

3 points off 2nd place is nothing to be scoffed about, a fair few thought it would be 3 points from the bottom.

I find it difficult to understand how you don't think this is a decent start
How many points do you think we should have

I'm talking about this season and this season only, which is 6 games, 2 win 3 draws 1 defeat, which is average not great, why on earth are you going on about 102 games for, stop going on about last season and the season before that, it's got no place in the argument for or against for this season

I just posted his stats lad. So what are you quoting my post for and then telling me to stop talking about it? I Don't believe I quoted you when I posted them stats. :Blink:

A good steady start, gained in a very difficult run of games

3 points off 2nd place is nothing to be scoffed about, a fair few thought it would be 3 points from the bottom.

I find it difficult to understand how you don't think this is a decent start
How many points do you think we should have

For it to be decent we would of had to beat Watford and Swansea, i'm surprised you would need that explaining to you

Agree that 8 or 9 points is about roughly average for a team after 6 games - it is what the the 10th and 11th placed teams are on after all.

However because of the quality of our opponents, the significant injury list, our defence looking relatively solid and the fact we seem to be creating a decent number of chances I'd put the performances themselves as above average.

Suppose it depends on whether you take into account anything else other than the points on the board - at this stage of the campaign think both points and performances are important in indicating how the season will pan out.

For it to be decent we would of had to beat Watford and Swansea, i'm surprised you would need that explaining to you
Agree over Watford, but Swansea was always going to be a difficult game and most people would of thought when the fixtures come out a point would be a decent result
Also are you saying you expected to beat Chelsea, Southampton and get a point away to Spurs
If you say yes, i think you may have delusional issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back