Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought being in the job long enough makes you know EXACTLY what to do to get a result, win ratio should be 100% shouldn't it, going by your logic like
Bit of a tall order that like.

No, it proves if you're in the job long enough it's more than likely because you win more - or almost as much - than when you lose/draw.

I have always been a fan of Slaven Billic and still would prefer him to Martinez.

160.gif

Agree that 8 or 9 points is about roughly average for a team after 6 games - it is what the the 10th and 11th placed teams are on after all.

However because of the quality of our opponents, the significant injury list, our defence looking relatively solid and the fact we seem to be creating a decent number of chances I'd put the performances themselves as above average.

Suppose it depends on whether you take into account anything else other than the points on the board - at this stage of the campaign think both points and performances are important in indicating how the season will pan out.
Deffo agree here. There was a lot of preseason panic about our fixture list and talk of us being in the bottom 3 at this stage.

In that case we should give the ball away more often. Funny though I remember a saying by Bill Shankly I think, "If you got the ball the other side can't score"

Deffo agree here. There was a lot of preseason panic about our fixture list and talk of us being in the bottom 3 at this stage.
You have to be impressed with where we are sitting.

Truthfully I was never fully scared by these fixtures as we've been lethal on the counter for awhile. It's the teams that don't come at us that I'm worried about

It's been an alright start to the season. October is a tough month though.

tbh i'm really looking forward to it. i think we can take both of those teams at home. 4 points wouldn't be disasterous but both have a lot of weaknesses to be exploited.

then arsenal away - we're bound to win there eventually, they've lost to some utter crud in the last couple of years. won't be this season i doubt, but it'll be a great baramoter of what we can do this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back