Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Martinez out coaches himself at times. The derby has been very tough for him to size up. We should have took the game to them the whole time not the last ten minutes of each half. Sad 10 and counting.

Disappointed that he replaced Del with Lennon to be honest. I know Del had a poor game, but he did put the ball in for our goal and I think his final product is so good that we should give him more time. Nothing against Lennon, he did quite well when he came on, but I think Del is a growing threat and needs more game time.

I would have subbed off Naismith for Kone first and given Del another 15 minutes.
He was right to take del off it was not his day today.
He got it spot on today,we were the better team and were unlucky not to win that

oh right, we could find a Keeper who's better than Tim on loan can we? care to poit him out? I'm sure we'd all like to know who this could be.
Howard is finished and was last season.
He should have been replaced in the summer simple as that.
He cost us the win today and thats the difference between having a proper keeper and howard.
There are no excuses not to replace him last window,we had cash and the loan market.

Howard is finished and was last season.
He should have been replaced in the summer simple as that.
He cost us the win today and thats the difference between having a proper keeper and howard.
There are no excuses not to replace him last window,we had cash and the loan market.
I'd say he was mostly done and not learning from his mistakes. My point is that we've had much bigger priorities due to the ageing squad. Keeper has been low down on the priority list but is now working it's way to the top. I would expect it to be sorted next Summer when Bobby can find someone better..

I'd say he was mostly done and not learning from his mistakes. My point is that we've had much bigger priorities due to the ageing squad. Keeper has been low down on the priority list but is now working it's way to the top. I would expect it to be sorted next Summer when Bobby can find someone better..
I would have taken valdes or lindegard on loan til the next window.
A keeper is a top priority for any team and because joel is cack as well howard is under no pressure.
They drew today because of their keeper and we didn't win because of ours .
A proper keeper makes all the difference

Lindegaard is actually terrible. Haven't seen enough of Valdés to know whether he's recovered from his Knee injury. So often the player isn't the same after those.

To be fair to Martinez - he went out to win the game today- no containing and no shoring up for a point. Positive play to get the ball forward quickly when possible and Kone on near the end. Can't fault it - we should've won and if it wasn't for a couple of world class saves we had that one.

Though I can't help feeling that this exact team with Naismith replaced by a creative player would have us top 4

Barry needs replacement.
Baines needs replacement soon enough- Garbutt is probably that.
Jagielka needs replacement- probably got another year in him though. Galloway could easily be that one.
Howard needs replacement.

Overall, the first half wasn't so great. But he changed something in the second half, and it worked almost perfectly. We should've scored at least one in the second, and shouldnt have conceded in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back