Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's got their number. One thing with Roberto is that he's a learner whether it's over a season or over a spell of games. Our mentality is definitely different this season....three away game wins coming from behind ( albeit two against lower league opposition) are testament to that. I'm likely in a minority bit I really do believe that the Europa journey last season was exactly what this squad needed, and that we'll reap the benefits of it this year.
Brendan is spouting tripe about 'expectation' and giving us a side-swipe by suggesting we have low expectation and are frightened of being favourites. It's self defence for sure as he knows a loss, especially a humiliating one will turn the Vikings and the Dubliners well and truly against him....the airport and the dockside will be awash with skjopites and o'kopites venting at Gnasher tonight all being well.

Gettig back to the manager he was 1st season but backing that coward in goal could well bite him on the backside.
Bringing browning and galloway on has been great management and he looks to have found a great centre half onwards and upwards

Gettig back to the manager he was 1st season but backing that coward in goal could well bite him on the backside.
Bringing browning and galloway on has been great management and he looks to have found a great centre half onwards and upwards
To be fair, Keeper hasn't been our biggest priority since he joined ( no striker, little midfield and an ageing defence). It's slowly getting up there though as he sorts out the other positions.

To be fair, Keeper hasn't been our biggest priority since he joined ( no striker, little midfield and an ageing defence). It's slowly getting up there though as he sorts out the other positions.
To be fair it should have been sorted in the summer.
Our keepers are woeful and howard cost us the win today again

Disappointed that he replaced Del with Lennon to be honest. I know Del had a poor game, but he did put the ball in for our goal and I think his final product is so good that we should give him more time. Nothing against Lennon, he did quite well when he came on, but I think Del is a growing threat and needs more game time.

I would have subbed off Naismith for Kone first and given Del another 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back