Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gerry substitution cost us the win If you take out anyone ,it had to be Naismith. Robert made the right substitution later, but it was after Delo was out of the game. This is one of the reasons Roberto drives me crazy sometimes.

Barry needs replacement.
Baines needs replacement soon enough- Garbutt is probably that.
Jagielka needs replacement- probably got another year in him though. Galloway could easily be that one.
Howard needs replacement.

Overall, the first half wasn't so great. But he changed something in the second half, and it worked almost perfectly. We should've scored at least one in the second, and shouldnt have conceded in the first place.

Bookmarked...

Very noticeable change in the second half where we sat a lot deeper to cut off their space and try and hit them on the counter. It worked well, if only a few more balls bobbled to our players in their box rather than their defenders.

The Gerry substitution cost us the win If you take out anyone ,it had to be Naismith. Robert made the right substitution later, but it was after Delo was out of the game. This is one of the reasons Roberto drives me crazy sometimes.

Del was awful mate. I know he set up the goal but he wasn't controlling any passes and couldn't beat his man.

Del was awful mate. I know he set up the goal but he wasn't controlling any passes and couldn't beat his man.
He was against a fast defender in Moreno which is understandable. He still provides us with the best opportunity to win because Liverpool is so poor at making clearances, and Lennon is piss poor at crossing.
Naisy should have come off because he was having very little influence on the game (he did have a nice header though). Kone was a good substitution, and I felt if he had come on earlier we might have salvaged a win.

He was against a fast defender in Moreno which is understandable. He still provides us with the best opportunity to win because Liverpool is so poor at making clearances, and Lennon is piss poor at crossing.
Naisy should have come off because he was having very little influence on the game (he did have a nice header though). Kone was a good substitution, and I felt if he had come on earlier we might have salvaged a win.

A pacey defender doesn't excuse dels poor first touch today on several occasions. I was surprised he wasn't taken off at half time, maybe that cross bought him the 10 minutes he had in the second half to see if he could turn it around.

A pacey defender doesn't excuse dels poor first touch today on several occasions. I was surprised he wasn't taken off at half time, maybe that cross bought him the 10 minutes he had in the second half to see if he could turn it around.
Fair enough. I feel he provides more than Lennon and Naisy in this particular scenario, but he did struggle on the ball. It bothers me tremendously when Naisy slows play down with a poor touch or pass. If I had to start him or Kone, it would be Kone 90% of the time (and I like Naismith as a goalscorer. I just feel he's a niche player).

We've had an excellent start and I have every hope that last season will just be a blip and we'll start reguarly qualifying for europe and competing for trophies under this manager. We might even win a cup this year.

But the fact he's yet to win a derby is a black mark against him until he can get that monkey off his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back