Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Money

We have none

Far from skint, just stingy. Sky money with a possible sale or two and the new manager will have plenty of money to spend. We was minutes from signing Fer in January for £6 million. Money is there, it's just whether they are willing to make it available to spunk.

Surely you are not implying that Big Dunc and Solskjaer have better credentials given that one of them hasn't managed a senior team and the other has done pretty well in the Norwegian League??

I didn't say credentials, you did mate.

Excitement: Big Dunc
Upside: Solskjaer
Airbrushed on pants: Pereira

Martinez is none of these. The entirety of Martinez' excitement is seeing whether he can dodge relegation in the last 3 weeks of the season after hemhorraging goals all season. He has no upside at all and he's been in England too long to take a fancy to stretchy suits.

Gah.

This is really disappointing. Chance for Everton to make a move that inspires some excitement (i.e. Big Dunc), takes a bit of a flyer on a young manager with great promise (i.e. Solskjaer) or gets some fine European spandex suits on the touchline (i.e. Pereira).

Instead, Everton want to talk to a manager whose greatest skill WAS dodging relegation. This is not a step forward in my eyes. If Martinez is hired, he'll be gone in less than 3 years.

A few things:

1) Big Dunc? What has he done to prove he'd be a good manager?

2) Solskjaer? He's not as good as people make out, and he's older than Martinez.

3) Pereira has no experience at club management (he is technically just the head coach at Porto), he has no experience of buying and selling players on a shoestring, and up until last week 99% of people on here had never heard of the fella.

In Martinez, we're getting a manager similar to Moyes in the way he runs the club, we're getting a manager who will represent us well and most importantly a manager who will be able to work with the limited cash we have.

Hopefully we have the players and coaching infrastructure in place to maintain our defensive capability and Martinez will have us playing some attractive football going forwards.

Get him in early so he can sort the wheat from the chaff and give him some extra funds on top of player sales.

Going off the difference in quality between ourselves and WBA in 8th, 7th is the very minimum target for an "ok" League season. (7th trophy (y)) Anything less is disappointing. Bottom half is awful.

Dave Whelan: 'Everton have a brilliant fan base and are a happy club. I suggested to Roberto that he speaks to Everton'

*ahem* BEAAAAAAAUUUUUT

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the potential manager one? We are basically discussing the same topic on each here, all replies are pretty much the same on both.

Just a suggestion, don't shoot the message man. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back