Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Roberto. You are the manager of my club and as my role as supporter, I will support you. Get behind him lads. Lets ensure he isn't battling against the fans from days one. Anything else will be very counter-productive.

Ditto, whatever people's preferences, whatever reservations anyone might have, Roberto Martinez will now almost definitely be our next manager so we need to support him

Can this negativity stop now please ?

We have a new manager who is 1st the choice of most of the fans it seems. Those fans who had a different 1st choice argued their man's case but it didn't prevail. It's time to put the pitchforks down and support the new manager. He'll need it.

Personally really looking forward to this and the inevitable changes there will be in our approach. Welcome Roberto.

I hope he does, and I cant wait to laugh at you heartily when he becomes the greatest player on earth. :D

Actually I would like to think that he wont bring players from Wigan with him. We are in a much better position than them and Martinez can work in a slightly larger pool of players now.

If he comes here (Christ) and is good then fine.

Absolutely delighted been banging the drum for Martinez for years never thought we'd get him.

Can't believe some have turned against him before a ball is kicked fckn scandalous behaviour get a grip you complete tools if ever Evertonians should be together it's at the appointment of a new manager - if you've got nothing good to say keep it shut.

Doubtless you'll be on here in droves as soon as we don't win a game - fkn grow up.

This..... Well maybe a bit more polite.... But you get the jist .......

He's beaten all the big boys with Wigan but he's also taken heavy spankings on a fairly regular basis. That is my biggest concern.

don't forget, he's number one manager in Europe, also, he's the best in the world

not my words lads, the words of Sir David Whelan

Underwhelmed really. For all the talk of exciting attacking football, Wigan were a team that scored fewer than Southampton last season, and only 4 more than a fairly diabolical Reading team. Despite having the 'fab four' of McCarthy, Kone, McManaman and Maloney available to him all season.

I'll support him but i've never understood this guys hype one bit.

We're not going to agree so lets leave it here. I just recken he got potential and Wigan have been lowing the wage bill for the last 3 years and ours have been rising hadn't help Martinez.

maybe Moyes being a good manager and having us finish in the top 6 year after year/buying class players helped- maybe had martinez actually got wigan past the mighty 15th or so spot wigan could have afforded to have spent a bit.

Like I said I hope he does well and I'll support him but the amount of people trying to justify why he couldnt sort wigans defense out/keep them up is scary, if he was called dave not roberto and played non fancy football people would be in tears right now

Can't see Martinez turning us down now. Imagine the deal is already done, I reckon it'll be a three year contract. No point in moaning now, lets see who he brings in and who leaves. Whoever is in or out I'll be supporting Roberto Martinez and Everton on the first day of the season. Let's get behind the new man!

Thanks for the rep man.

I just get annoyed with people sometimes. Who have no idea. And can't swear at them.

I WONDER WHY WIGAN ATHLETIC DIDNT SIGN MICHU.

Erm yes, it is a reasonable question in reply to your post saying you hope he finds us the next Michu. You do know Michu cost £2m don't you and was clearly within Wigans range? Of course you do because going off the arrogant tone of your post I've just quoted, you know so much about football. Mind you don't hurt yourself on the way down off your high horse.

Absolutely delighted been banging the drum for Martinez for years never thought we'd get him.

Can't believe some have turned against him before a ball is kicked fckn scandalous behaviour get a grip you complete tools if ever Evertonians should be together it's at the appointment of a new manager - if you've got nothing good to say keep it shut.

Doubtless you'll be on here in droves as soon as we don't win a game - fkn grow up.

I'm with you mate. I can understand a bit of disappointment from some, as I would have been seething with an internal candidate getting it. But you have to set it aside and fall in line because the feller has no luggage as far as being boss of Everton is concerned. By all means if we're struggling a year from now then take up a position, but until then it's not on to launch into the feller.

Personally, I reckon we've got a goodun here.

Gutted at this. A choice between someone who has won a fairly major European league twice with a club that produced Mourinho and AVB, and who would cost nothing vs someone who spawned an FA Cup win thanks to Neville being utter ****e and got his team releagated and who would cost millions in compo, and Kenwright picks the second one. That bloke is a ****ing mentalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back