Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm yes, it is a reasonable question in reply to your post saying you hope he finds us the next Michu. You do know Michu cost £2m don't you and was clearly within Wigans range? Of course you do because going off the arrogant tone of your post I've just quoted, you know so much about football. Mind you don't hurt yourself on the way down off your high horse.

Wigan Athletic

maybe Moyes being a good manager and having us finish in the top 6 year after year/buying class players helped- maybe had martinez actually got wigan past the mighty 15th or spot wigan could have afforded to have spent a bit.

Like I said I hope he does well and I'll support him but the amount of people trying to justify why he couldnt sort wigans defense out/keep them up is scary, if he was called dave not roberto and played non fancy football people would be in tears right now

Mate...I have no confidence in him and I doubt he will be effective at controlling the dressing room.

Best let it go.....time and results over the next 2 seasons will tell the FACTS.

Erm yes, it is a reasonable question in reply to your post saying you hope he finds us the next Michu. You do know Michu cost £2m don't you and was clearly within Wigans range? Of course you do because going off the arrogant tone of your post I've just quoted, you know so much about football. Mind you don't hurt yourself on the way down off your high horse.

Took that a bit personal don't you think?

I'm with you mate. I can understand a bit of disappointment from some, as I would have been seething with an internal candidate getting it. But you have to set it aside and fall in line because the feller has no luggage as far as being boss of Everton is concerned. By all means if we're struggling a year from now then take up a position, but until then it's not on to launch into the feller.

Personally, I reckon we've got a goodun here.

Whilst our situation isnt the best, what we have here is 10x better than what Wigan have and i think he'll thrive.

I'm with you mate. I can understand a bit of disappointment from some, as I would have been seething with an internal candidate getting it. But you have to set it aside and fall in line because the feller has no luggage as far as being boss of Everton is concerned. By all means if we're struggling a year from now then take up a position, but until then it's not on to launch into the feller.

Even Davek's happy. REJOICE!

was talking about the players they bought to finish near the top previous year. not disputing that should a manager come in, rip our team apart and buy flash in the pan replacements then it would be a bad idea, not going to happen though. worse case scenario is he tries to get players trying out a style that doesn't suit them, this usually means a manager learns to adapt or is pushed out. look at the long ball game Rodgers has learnt to use. If you want to bet we will finish outside the top 7 then happy to take it on

I would take a bet that we will not be top 6 (which is at least continuence), it doesn't matter if he doesn't tear the team apart, the bottom line is (as rogers has shown at liverpool at the moment) is that the style of football they play does not work... especially in the BPL, his only positive (the FA cup) came courtesy of a city team that didn't want to play for mancini any more....
We needed a winner to take us into europe but now we will slide back into mediocraty and are paying for the privilage of doing it.

Gutted at this. A choice between someone who has won a fairly major European league twice with a club that produced Mourinho and AVB, and who would cost nothing vs someone who spawned an FA Cup win thanks to Neville being utter ****e and got his team releagated and who would cost millions in compo, and Kenwright picks the second one. That bloke is a ****ing mentalist.

All Porto had to do to win the league every season is get 4 points or more off Benfica. Lets not pretend like he's done what Klopp did.

Ok. Fair points.

Probably would have preferred someone who hadn't just got his side relegated but Bill was never appointing someone with no league experience was he? Unless anyone here has a crystal ball there's no way to tell if Martinez will be a success or failure, so think its harsh that some people are judging him before he's even sat down in the press conference. Whoever's name is on the manager's door in August will still be in charge of the 6th best team in the country last season so let's wait and see how we get on before we start ****ging him off.

Gutted at this. A choice between someone who has won a fairly major European league twice with a club that produced Mourinho and AVB, and who would cost nothing vs someone who spawned an FA Cup win thanks to Neville being utter ****e and got his team releagated and who would cost millions in compo, and Kenwright picks the second one. That bloke is a ****ing mentalist.

Have to say I agree

Why didn't Moyes sign Michu or even benteke who was also In our price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back