Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait till we're signing villa rejects like Shaun Maloney Jesus Christ the only thing to cheer me up will be my huge moose knuckle.

I recommend this to everybody, especially for Martinez doubters.

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/

interesting...except I think he is just repeating what we have all said with this..
'I’ve found that my Post Graduate Degree has been very beneficial in helping to put club strategy into place and draw up plans so that the clubs I have managed are not just working game by game or season by season. You can really set-out your football ideology and not only decide how you are going to win your game this weekend but how you are aiming to win your football club’s games three years down the line.'

As i said yesterday, it was WHEN rather than IF with regards to Wigan going down. Also, look at it the other way, Sunderland and Newcastles finances absolutely dwarf that of Wigans and both of them only just finished above Wigan. It doesn't help when a £5m signing gets injured early within the season, also Ramis, is a very good defender and they most definitely missed him. At one point they had 8 first teams player out was it, not many managers would be able to cope with injuries to 8 first team players. Sometimes to stay up you need a bit luck, Wigan barely got any.

Even though he wasn't my first choice, Martinez isn't as bad as people are making out.

definitely think this is exactly the same kind of soundbite we would have got from Stubbs too..

"There is a need for objective data after the initial scouting contact has been made and you have fallen in love with a player…the information is crucial for foreign players in particular to gauge how quickly they can adapt…you will have a subjective opinion first during the initial scouting contact, then there is a need to back it up with the data using key performance indicators like; the number of sprints, sprint distance, player intensity over the season as a whole to judge player fatigue and physical capability"”

As i said yesterday, it was WHEN rather than IF with regards to Wigan going down. Also, look at it the other way, Sunderland and Newcastles finances absolutely dwarf that of Wigans and both of them only just finished above Wigan. It doesn't help when a £5m signing gets injured early within the season, also Ramis, is a very good defender and they most definitely missed him. At one point they had 8 first teams player out was it, not many managers would be able to cope with injuries to 8 first team players. Sometimes to stay up you need a bit luck, Wigan barely got any.

Even though he wasn't my first choice, Martinez isn't as bad as people are making out.

but then again you could compare martinez and wigan to say hughton and norwich.
looking at there past , this seasons - money spent , players sold , injurys , league finish , results , style of play .... why would martinez be better than hughton ?
just asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back