Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I wouldn't quite use these words, but despite overcoming personal adversity and becoming a self-made millionaire I can't warm to the man. He seems to either like picking a fight or wind people up with insensitivities. He was entitled to an opinion but he should've kept his counsel over Maggie Thatcher's death rather than making his views known and upsetting so many folk.

So this is really just a Thatcher thing?

It was okay for people to come out and say spiteful, nasty things about her while her family were still grieving, holding pathetic parties, etc., but not okay for someone to point out she was actually an inspiration to them as Thatcher undoubtedly was to many business men and women?

Get a grip

Cant understand the dislike of Moyes on here, okay he had his faults, but he built the team we have today, with very little financial assistance from our board. Remember we started the trend, sell to buy. I know you dislike our board but Moyes done well, with the finances that were available.The team we have now is light years better than the one he inherited. Sorry this reply was meant to be to Daveks post

Last edited:

It was okay for people to come out and say spiteful, nasty things about her while her family were still grieving, holding pathetic parties, etc., but not okay for someone to point out she was actually an inspiration to them as Thatcher undoubtedly was to many business men and women?

Get a grip
Tiring. You're just f**king tiring.

Get a grip

Soooooo off topic, but I agree with that mate.

Get a grip
I agree, people just hate DW for no reason other than being sheep and hating Thatcher. Most people don't even know what she did. Having parties and burning pictures of her after she just died was sick.

Get a grip

Its all about opinions mate and mine is so far away from yours. I just see a power hungry woman who didn't give a damn about all the families that suffered and went without food. She caused rifts which in the area I live in is still around to this day. To me she was an evil woman. All about opinions, she was more hated than liked.

Anyway when is Martinez to be announced.

Last edited:

Its all about opinions mate and mine is so far away from yours. I just see a power hungry woman who didn't give a damn about all the families that suffered and went without food. She caused rifts which in the area I live in is still around to this day. To me she was an evil woman. All about opinions, she was more hated than liked.

Agreed

and this

Get a grip
Can we not just hate him for being him? I know I do. His stance on thatcher wasn't going to win over many on here but I just don't like him anyway. His a pompous moron with a propensity for shouting his mouth off and has an enormously over-inflated self image.....and he loves thatcher.

No idea who just negged me, cos they didnt leave their name. So well done for that. My point was not about being pro or anti Thatcher, it was about automatically hating someone who has a different opinion than you, which appears to be the root of the hatred for Whelan.

I dont like him because I think he is not a nice fella, and is, well, irritating. Could not care less about his politics.

This anti David Whelan crap is tiresome. So you don't like him, not need to keep banging on about it. The fact is he's achieved more in his life time than many of us ever will. This he broke his leg thing is interesting because back then footballers weren't paid 200k a week, he was a given bit of compo and used that money to start a gym business which eventually grew into a chain. He used the money to take Wigan from none league football into the Premier League. That deserves respect imo

As for Bobby Martinez, this slanging him off is pathetic. It's Kopite behaviour and we're not Kopites. He achievements as a manager far outweigh his failures so why don't we focus on that instead of whinging and moaning and looking for things to attack a manager who hasn't even been appointed yet?

Hang on. Dave Whelan broke his leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back