Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That can happen with any manager, that why we have to make sure we don't sell more then one player, we cannot be scared to move on without Moyes, we are Everton Football Club.

...my sentiment exactly. We are at a crossroads regardless of who takes over. I want somebody who buries himself in the Everton cause and I think Martinez provides that type of fit. Chris Kirkland was on the radio this morning saying Martinez eats, drinks and sleeps footy. He watches games and has an unbelievable knowledge of players across the globe. Apparently the apps on his phone are linked to scouting networks.
Its going to be a gamble whoever comes in but I'm assured with Martinez's apparent level of conviction.

...I really hope Martinez knows his sh!t and gets at least one top class player in and doesn't just raid Wigan.

At the right prices I would have been interested in McCarthy, McManaman and possibly Kone, but in view of Whelan's latest comments (telling Everton we're welcome to bid for Wigan players in one breath, and in the next saying there will be "no mate's rates" for Martinez) I kinda hope we don't show any interest at all! I'd rather we weren't putting more money in Wigan's bank account after Whelan's latest running commentary. Mind you, he did the same thing when Martinez was in talks with the RS last summer so I'm not shocked. I was only surprised that he hadn't opened his gob before yesterday!

What exactly is a redcoat?. I'd never heard it in till i came on here

Redcoats were the British soldiers in the American Revolutionary war, red coats were part of their uniform. So, it's used as a pejorative in the US, as it implies the one being called redcoat is the enemy. But it doesn't work very well if you intend to insult Britons with it, does it? When I first read it here, I thought it was a reference to Liverpool FC, that it was some slang akin to koppites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_coat_(British_army)#Red_coat_as_a_symbol

Great, another day, another waste of fkn time. Last week it was Thursday or Friday, then it was definitely Monday, then Tuesday at the latest it will be confirmed.

Wtf is BK playing at?

Hope talks haven't broken down, we cant afford to look unprofessional right now.
lets just calm down. tomorrow it will be announced.
tumblr_m4kk12K4zU1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back