Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been on all day so I don't know if similar question has been raised already. Anyone else noticed Stubbs has had his profile raised over last 24 hours? A piece on him on the EFC website tonight about his leadership skills, handling big dressing room characters etc. Yesterday there were pieces on him in both the Echo and Daily Post. Probably means nothing ( I hope)...

Haha I noticed this too, surely just coincidence? <sh!ts self>

ok i may have been exaggerating before.

the truth is we are actually looking at the possibility of signing kaka and higuan.

We've all seen the Sky interviews where he rambles on and on, seemingly unable to control the drivel emanating from his gob?

You've probably said to yourself “Oh FFS shut up Whelan, you’re making a complete ar$e of yourself and embarrassing our good name!!"

BUT I think he has been playing the media and anyone who'll listen like a fiddle

Think about it.
He could have fired Bob and taken a massive hit to his bank balance having to pay him off.

Or he could plant a seed and big him up in the media at every opportunity, then watch that seed grow to the point that he has now convinced at least one premier league chairman that Bob is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

It now looks highly likely that he'll get his £2m compensation AND the opportunity to finally bring in a new man who will, if he gets it right, make us more difficult to score against (I live in hope).

After all, our Dave didn't get rich by being a drivelling old fool, the man's a masterful salesman!
He should write a book.

Found this on wigan's forum, They think whelan's playing the media, I'd have to agree

martinez's attacking style sure explains why kone was such a top scorer this season.... oh wait

No wonder you have a red bar, you're an idiot. He scored 11 goals for a relegated side. For the record, that's the same amount as Tevez, Defoe, Podolski, Giroud, Fletcher and Fellaini. It's also one less than Aguero and Rooney, two less than Ba.

But hell, he didn't score 20+ with Wigan's creative force behind him. Let's discredit his achievement.

Kone had a one in two record for Levante and managed to score 11 PL goals for an utterly gash Wigan. We didn't manage to handle him when we met Wigan, and struggled with his pace and physicality.

If he was cheap and his wages weren't too high (he's at Wigan, so they won't be) then I don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back