Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's not interested. We can only get managers who actually want the job, and he's currently at the unbeaten league champions who are playing in a fairly high quality domestic league.

His agent came out and said he would be interested in the job. This might have just been paper talk but it was fairly widely reported.

People are judging him solely based on Wigan's last season. He has managed to maintain a team with a tiny fan base, limited finiances in one of if not the best league in the world and tactically out class Everton and City in the cup. Looking further back he transformed Swansea, promoting them up to the Championship and then finishing 8th in the space of two seasons, laying the foundations for Brenda to come in and take them up.

Look at the alternatives, Vitor PEreira - such a gamble, he's a fantastic looking individual aesthetically but ultimately he has hardly been proven in the league with regards to how noncompetitive it is and not exactly set the world alight in europe.

Then there is any internal appointment which I included, would of hated. Could have been massively detrimental to what Moyes has built throwing an inexperienced individual at the helm. Hey he may of gotten off to the best start it could be argued, but then again when a bad patch were to come how would they then cope, they'd probably implode under the novel situation they found themselves in, it wouldn't happen with MArtinez, he's been in that situtaion for years.

Overall it is a safe choice, and hardly the most inspirational appointment. But we need to look realistically, with a greater scouting network than at Wigan, where he still managed to find and create diamonds out of the likes of Kone, Maloney and McMannaman, he could sure bring in a couple of top notch players to build on what we already have. He has the experience and tactical nouse to do well, and has a great knowledge of the Prem.

All in all, come on bobby, get us into europe... (this is provided he comes)

I will happily back him as he is a decent young manager. On the other hand the badge is unacceptable and until that is gone im not buying any merchandise with it on.

Look guys, I'm quite sure we won't be playing 3 at the back under Martinez if he's our next manager. He'll recognise we've got an ace back 4 and I could see us perhaps playing 4-3-3 under him.

I just hope if he is our next manager then these talks aren't dragged out and we have some news by the end of the day.

His agent came out and said he would be interested in the job. This might have just been paper talk but it was fairly widely reported.

Ah yeah. Maybe just to get more money from Porto or something. I refuse to believe that Kenwright is thick enough not to interview a league winning manager.

My main issue here is that it was a chance to get a major European manager in Pereira, inspire the better players at our club to stay and look forward to a bit of ambition, and send a statement out across Europe that we mean a bit of business. That, combined with the increased money, could have seen a few good players turning out for us next year.

Instead, we've got Roberto Martinez. A bit harder to convince the odd Michu floating around the continent that we're going on to bigger and better things when we hire a manager who just got relegated, regardless of everything else.

Hopefully he'll do a job, I dunno...

Problem is he will want to do things his way changing the brand of football we play (laugh all you want but Moyes delivered consistent top 6 finishes) and formations.

He won't be building on what Moyes started he will be changing it completely

Pros better to watch
Cons we will be lucky to get top half

My main issue here is that it was a chance to get a major European manager in Pereira, inspire the better players at our club to stay and look forward to a bit of ambition, and send a statement out across Europe that we mean a bit of business. That, combined with the increased money, could have seen a few good players turning out for us next year.

Instead, we've got Roberto Martinez. A bit harder to convince the odd Michu floating around the continent that we're going on to bigger and better things when we hire a manager who just got relegated, regardless of everything else.

Hopefully he'll do a job, I dunno...

Tubey nails it.

I will back him 100%, if he does ****, then he can go, if he does well, then he can stay.

Simple as that, I did the same with Moyes even though he had zero top flight experience at the time, and a squad that was a billion times sh*tter than now...we did pretty well out of him (lack of tin aside).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back