Roberto Martinez Stadium drawing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think we could have had this on the side...

4kzrch.jpg

I'm facepalming all over the place on this.

So if these F1 drivers, golfers and other people like want to make money how do they do it?

Image rights.

Or are you saying Martinez and clueless?

The only thing right with your post is the word. FAIL.

You won't be making big money from a billboard mate.

An advert in a location seen mainly by existing everton fans won't expand the brand

Advertising 101. Build brand recognition by associating the product with something people like.
We've had Landon Donovan for two spells, a bigger name in American 'soccer' than Roberto will ever be. How have we turned that into cash?

awaits "if the RS did this we'd be laughing at them" post

It's a bit rawk that.

I'm out.

Very Rawk.

3 pages, nobody posted it.

Its this on the side of the Main Stand.

Yes, its very strange, and will divide fans the Kopites will love this, imagine if it was Rodgers.

I'm not a fan.

Not a fan of it like, seems badly Kopitish with their portraits of the waiter.

* Fits self for uniform.

If the kopites stuck Rodgers grinning, toothy grid on the side of the pit, we'd be pissing ourselves.

This is sooooo Un-Everton this.

You've had a shocker here lads.

I'm not really a fan either, if someone posted this in the Liverpool World Football thread about Rodgers on the side of Anfield I would have contacted every Liverpool fan I know by now mocking them and laughing hysterically and doing all sorts of crap mock ups with paint.

We'd laugh at the RS if they put up a giant picture of Rodgers outside Anfield, but that's only because their manager is Rodgers. Imagine that perma-tan and weird set of fake teeth greeting you at every Liverpool home game? Welcome to Anfield.

Because it's cringeworthy. As said, if the Kopites did this with Rodgers we'd be in tears laughing at them. Let's not pretend otherwise.

The mural is on the side of the stadium, it's going to be seen mostly by people who already support Everton.

Things like this should be placed in the middle of Liverpool, like on the large advertising space opposite Lime Street. Having it on the side of Goodison doesn't really build brand recognition.
Can't speak to placement so I will defer to you. I'd also agree that one mural isn't enough to achieve anything. It has to be one brick in the marketing wall, but I think as part of a comprehensive advertising strategy it's a smart move to use Martinez.

You won't be making big money from a billboard mate.

An advert in a location seen mainly by existing everton fans won't expand the brand

Every time Sky or anyone else is outside the ground doing interviews. They will see it on TV.

£30m or so. Next question ?

Well...it's not the kind of money some of the others have spent...but it ain't peanuts either.

This and the fact that we've not sold anyone are huge steps in the right direction for everyone involved.

Maybe I am naive to think Everton can win the league...but I think we can. The boss has me believing.

We've had Landon Donovan for two spells, a bigger name in American 'soccer' than Roberto will ever be. How have we turned that into cash?

That, is my main problem with the club atm. Got has had loads of US traffic this year. WC & Tim based I would guess. The club just do not seem to have grasped this opportunity.

But re the painting, not sure about if I am honest.

That, is my main problem with the club atm. Got has had loads of US traffic this year. WC & Tim based I would guess. The club just do not seem to have grasped this opportunity.

But re the painting, not sure about if I am honest.

The club are clueless commercially. One single massive reason for that is the tv rights deals they've relied on since they took control (something the Johnson regime never had to fall back on...we'd still have had that feller right now if he had). In short: SKY etc have allowed these morons to remain...well...moronic and in control.

So this argument is: Everton failed to capitalize on using Donovan to build the brand, so they should also fail to capitalize on Martinez? I don't understand the logic. He may not be Ferguson or Donovan or Pele, but then again Everton don't have any of those guys. The crux of my statement is that I don't see a better face of the franchise than Martinez and so I think Everton is right to start using him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back