Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
See the thing is showing a little ambition now could work wonders for us.

Just watching a you tube video from a Newcastle fan and listening to him talk about the difference Rafael bentiez has made to their team just points it out how much better we could be. He is talking about a fighting mentalities, players knowing positions, nit knowing when they are beat etc

That is what we need. Imagine this everton team with total organisation, players have proper positions on the pitch with a proper formation, have a spark and a bit of fight in them so when we are playing these crap teams we actually play like the are better.

And this is all from bloody benitez! Imagine a better manager doing that for us. Compared to Martinez now who let's face it, would relegate us given the chance to.

And bentiez is a decent manager himself, wouldn't want him like but managed and won at the top level. So if Newcastle can get thst calibre then why do we have to settle for Moyes Martinez or howe?

I think there will be changes this summer. However, I am not certain that it will be as simple as Martinez out and somebody new in as manager.
It really would not surprise me to see a new overboss come to the club and RM stay as a kind of assistant manager with a view to possibly taking charge at some date in the future. I don't see Mourinho coming, many of the other names mentioned are coming to the end of their careers or are the very start and lack real experience.
Of course RM may want to be boss or nothing, but we know that Bill Kenwright is very loyal to his managers and I would say that he may not want to lose RM completely. What we do not know is the thoughts of Moshiri about this or how much influence or sway Bill Kenwright has on him.
I don't want Martinez anywhere near the club. Get rid, move on up.

See the thing is showing a little ambition now could work wonders for us.

Just watching a you tube video from a Newcastle fan and listening to him talk about the difference Rafael bentiez has made to their team just points it out how much better we could be. He is talking about a fighting mentalities, players knowing positions, nit knowing when they are beat etc

That is what we need. Imagine this everton team with total organisation, players have proper positions on the pitch with a proper formation, have a spark and a bit of fight in them so when we are playing these crap teams we actually play like the are better.

And this is all from bloody benitez! Imagine a better manager doing that for us. Compared to Martinez now who let's face it, would relegate us given the chance to.

And bentiez is a decent manager himself, wouldn't want him like but managed and won at the top level. So if Newcastle can get thst calibre then why do we have to settle for Moyes Martinez or howe?
I might not like Ashley's choice of manager but it won't stop me calling in at one of his local shops for a pair of running shoes this morning :dance:

Look at me go! And with a smile on my face too :)

I come on here to express my opinion and I get met with a barrage of abuse, even a mod is taking a dig.

All I want is for Everton to succeed. Sam would provide stability in a time we so desperately need it.

There is no abuse there.

Just everybody disagree's with you!

But Big Sam? Really?? Or are you having us on?

McLaren won that league though and Alfonso Alves scored 30 goals in it. For these reasons I am always cautious of judging personnel from it.

That's a good point, although it should also be mentioned that Ronald Koeman managed Ajax to the Dutch title twice & PSV to the Dutch title once. I suppose my point is, yes it isn't that great of a league, but good managers win titles there too. Koeman also managed Feyenoord & AZ and didn't do well at either of those two clubs, which illustrates maybe it's not that easy as a league.

I think there is some validity in considering what makes Everton 'tick' when choosing our next manager. Like it or not, our crowd love players who get stuck in, and getting 'stuck in' seems to work very well for Everton imo. I think we need a manager that is on the touch line shouting instructions and motivating the team, rather than someone who just sits back and remains quiet throughout the game.

It is for these reasons that I am starting to have second thoughts about the suitability of Pelegrini. I think someone like Paulo Di Canio would be a much better option. He truly knows how to motivate his players, as he showed during his successful tenure at Swindon. He also managed to keep Sunderland up through breathing motivation into a lifeless Sunderland squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back