2024/25 Roman Dixon

Hmm, but Ashley Young isn't good enough for the first team either Eggs but he got selected. Give the kid a chance, I say, because the right back berth isn't one we currently have a wealth of choice for.
I think Eggs would be happy to give the kid chance, but he doesn't select the team and he's only really judging it by what he see's what the very predictable Dyche would do.

Becomes prime Cafu with every game he doesnt play.
Its the same as being married for years on end fantasizing about binning your wife off for all these 'unknown beauty's'

Its the unknown that excites, its the possibility of it actually being better, and as it hasn't been tried yet, it doesn't disappoint.

Reality of the matter is you end up leaving your lovely wife, get 100 knock backs and end up shacked up with some fat hairy mess you picked up in walkabout, while your wife has had a new lease of life and got a banging new body and is also got together with her PT

I'm assuming we'll just go to a back three and make Harrison a wing back please no Holgate but I'd like Dixon to have a chance despite the huge jump in pressure and competition he can't do c worse than young

People saying he's good enough to start need to rewatch the preseason games he was in. Rapid, Yes. Promising talent, Yes. But does he offer enough on the defensive side? Does he find himself running too fast for the ball at his feet sometimes?

Having said that, if we played a back 3 I think he'd be great as a RWB

Dixon is clearly not even in the top 5 of our options and fans have seen him in a very limited capacity so the calls for him to be given a go are kneejerk.

If he's viewed to be a worse option than Coleman, Young, Patterson, Garner, Holgate for the rb slot then i would be concerned about his ability to play at this level.
Viewed by who though? It’s ultimately Dyches order of his preferred RBs, this fella views Keane and Doucoure as better options than O’Brien and Ndiaye, and McNeil over literally anyone. His views on this squad are shocking.

Out of the 5, Patterson is the best option, but he’s not available, then I’d put Garner next. I’m sick to death of Young, Coleman and Holgate.

If we didn’t have deficiencies in this position, we wouldn’t even be talking about the lad, I completely get that but we can’t keep dancing with final 3 players of the paragraph above.

Wouldn't it have been nice if we'd seen him properly over pre-season eh

Dreadful decision to not bring him on against Roma once Coleman got injured. We know what we're going to get with Young but that would have been a great 60 minute test for him. That proved beyond any doubt that Dyche had no and has no intention of using Dixon at all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back