Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he has been shocking for almost all of 2016 but he will come good again and will score around 20 goals for us this season. Vault me. If Geri is in the side then he'll put at least 10 on a plate for him. The whole side is geared up to creating chances for him and I think the way Koeman plays he will play more to his strengths ie putting the ball in front of him rather than playing with his back to goal lots of the time. I disagree with people saying we wont ever get 75 mil for him. I think we could well get that the way prices are going and the premium you pay for top strikers. Raiola was saying the other day that the first 200mil player will only be a few seasons away and that it will be a prem club paying it because thats where the money is. I can well see Lukaku ending up at utd in 2/3 years when both Ibrahimovic and Rooney have finally given up the ghost and going for more than that. I don't think he will go for that money at the end of this season but in two years absolutely no reason why we shouldnt get that money if he continues his goalscoring record that he has had throughout his career.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's alluding to the summer we signed him i.e after his season long loan from Chelsea, not this summer. Juve signed Higuain for 90mill this summer, the only way they were interested in Rom this window was as backup if that deal fell through. Even that's a stretch. Don't believe everything you read in the papers.

I'm looking at what he's said himself, not what journalists are saying.

CL clubs clearly have been and will be interested in him. A crap end to the season and average euros won't change the fact that he's averaging near enough 20 goals a season in England over a 4 year period at a young age. It's not remotely a stretch to suggest CL clubs could be interested in him as the quotes prove.

I'm looking at what he's said himself, not what journalists are saying.

CL clubs clearly have been and will be interested in him. A crap end to the season and average euros won't change the fact that he's averaging near enough 20 goals a season in England over a 4 year period at a young age. It's not remotely a stretch to suggest CL clubs could be interested in him as the quotes prove.
The only half interest was from Chelsea, that's it, and they're not even in the CL.

The only half interest was from Chelsea, that's it, and they're not even in the CL.

If true (I'm guessing you don't actually know for sure), again, it's probably due to the fact we set his asking price at £75m, which he has said he was okay with, which leads back to my original point which was that I don't think he's done much wrong here and still see no reason not to think that, so I'll leave it here.

If true (I'm guessing you don't actually know for sure), again, it's probably due to the fact we set his asking price at £75m, which he has said he was okay with, which leads back to my original point which was that I don't think he's done much wrong here and still see no reason not to think that, so I'll leave it here.
I know for sure because Roger Lukaku, or Rom or his agent would've said. No-one was interested because he's not offering value for money cause he can't control or head a football.

I'm not sure how valid this line of reasoning will be to you but don't you think it would be disrespectful if you went about your life but told people you wanted to go to a direct competitor of the company you work for now?

*Disregard if self employed lol
I understand your pov.
But all I read in the interview (and I've read the entirety of it) was him honestly acknowledging the journalist's words that Rom's ambitious and that he had wanted a transfer to a bigger team (that plays European football). But also that he has respect for the club and that he will give his all while being here. And that if he leaves, it will be through the front door with no hard feelings from either side.
This opposed to a lot of football players who would play dirty and force a transfer. Something he has not done.

I know this all doesn't seem much to most of you, but in light of modern football and how all players view clubs as transit stations and only want what's best for them, I don't look at anything he said being disrespectful.

So if he would keep his mouth shut and maybe kiss the emblem with each goal he makes, everyone here would be happy ... until he all of a sudden forced a transfer.

There is an old adage in football about keeping unhappy players at a club.

We saw Stones playing with his mind elsewhere for most of last season.

This fellow seems to be gearing up to do the same this season.

You would think after his wet lettuce displays since March and his disappointing Euros he would keep his gob shut and just knuckle down to try and improve his game.

Divil the bit.......his ego is way too rampant for that.

Let's hope we fetch someone in for the start next season, or even January and snatch the hand of any club mug enough to pay north of £60 million for him.

has anyone here actually read the interview? Or are you all just stating what you think about Rom?
That is, until he scores again and many of you disappear from this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back