Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to what he's supposed to have said. I haven't read or heard any interview with him this week.

Don't think he's opened his gob yet, just posters be in funny like

It seems it's always funny to have a go at him. Like the 'fans' of Belgium who were booing and whistling when he missed the (unmissable) chance. Didn't hear them when he scored couple of minutes later, though. Things like that while playing for your country (and leading 3-0!!!) must really hurt.

He's a strange character, I don't think he will ever become a legend with us, even if he stays to his 30s, he has caused too much bad
feeling amongst us and a lot of us were not too bothered that he may have left last summer. He thinks that he is a better player than
he is.

I genuinely don't think anyone who acts like an adult and looks at it rationally feels much bad feeling to lukaku

Does anyone have a link to what he's supposed to have said. I haven't read or heard any interview with him this week.
This is the 1st post I read in this thread. I've been back a few pages to find out but haven't, unless I've missed it.

I sometimes talk here about stuff I see on ESPN Press Pass, but I get the impression that not many, if any of you watch it.

A few days ago they showed some footage of Lukaku speaking to Yannick Bolasie before he came to Everton. He's apparently
been an admirer and was encouraging him to come and said , I'm paraphrasing here, 'If I have to stay there I'll help you....'

The pundits picked up on it and wondered what could be read into it. It was certainly suss. I wonder if it was this.

It seems it's always funny to have a go at him. Like the 'fans' of Belgium who were booing and whistling when he missed the (unmissable) chance. Didn't hear them when he scored couple of minutes later, though. Things like that while playing for your country (and leading 3-0!!!) must really hurt.

He didn't seem to be to be too bothered about the heckling though.

"Les sifflets du public, ce n’est pas mon problème. Je sais qu’on vit dans un monde qui est fait de critiques mais moi je suis surtout là pour profiter et jouer au foot. Oui j’ai réagi car j’étais content de mon but. Je sais qu’un sportif doit contenir ses émotions mais parfois il faut qu’elles sortent. Le plus important est qu’on ait réussi un bon match en équipe. Cette équipe ne cesse d’évoluer. On a vraiment dominé cette Bosnie, on savait comment jouer. Tous les gars ont faim, on a tous la grinta car on joue notre place lors de chaque entraînement. On avait besoin de cette victoire et les gens l’attendaient. Le passage à trois derrière n’a pas perturbé l’équipe. Devant, derrière on savait toujours comment s’y prendre. On a bossé les deux systèmes pendant la préparation. On savait les appliquer. Il faut rester calmer avant les matches à Gibraltar et face à l’Estonie. On ne pense pas encore au 12 sur 12 mais on sait ce qu’il faut faire pour y arriver."

I am interested to see about his potential injury (psoa) though; he'll go under the scanner later today. Don't think it's too bad; but they subbed him because of it anyway.

(source: http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...est-pas-mon-probleme-57f87a2ecd70e9985febbfd4)

Belgian crowd was [Poor language removed] for booing him. He played a descent game off and on the ball.
Standard Liège & Club Brugge fans have an irrational hate towards everything that has to do with Anderlecht. Lukaku as a former Anderlecht player is an easy target if he does something wrong.

He didn't seem to be to be too bothered about the heckling though.

"Les sifflets du public, ce n’est pas mon problème. Je sais qu’on vit dans un monde qui est fait de critiques mais moi je suis surtout là pour profiter et jouer au foot. Oui j’ai réagi car j’étais content de mon but. Je sais qu’un sportif doit contenir ses émotions mais parfois il faut qu’elles sortent. Le plus important est qu’on ait réussi un bon match en équipe. Cette équipe ne cesse d’évoluer. On a vraiment dominé cette Bosnie, on savait comment jouer. Tous les gars ont faim, on a tous la grinta car on joue notre place lors de chaque entraînement. On avait besoin de cette victoire et les gens l’attendaient. Le passage à trois derrière n’a pas perturbé l’équipe. Devant, derrière on savait toujours comment s’y prendre. On a bossé les deux systèmes pendant la préparation. On savait les appliquer. Il faut rester calmer avant les matches à Gibraltar et face à l’Estonie. On ne pense pas encore au 12 sur 12 mais on sait ce qu’il faut faire pour y arriver."

I am interested to see about his potential injury (psoa) though; he'll go under the scanner later today. Don't think it's too bad; but they subbed him because of it anyway.

(source: http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...est-pas-mon-probleme-57f87a2ecd70e9985febbfd4)

It's a very mature response of him (contrary what some fans here think of him, he is mature). But it must have hurt him. Also because the fans had already booed his brother before he got injured.

Injury probably not that bad. Just not taking risks, especially since he'd already score by then.

Standard Liège & Club Brugge fans have an irrational hate towards everything that has to do with Anderlecht. Lukaku as a former Anderlecht player is an easy target if he does something wrong.

I'm afraid it's not just anti-Anderlecht supporters. There is a lot of anatgonism toward him (and his brother). A lot of Belgian fans prefer Batshuay or Origi.

It's a very mature response of him (contrary what some fans here think of him, he is mature). But it must have hurt him. Also because the fans had already booed his brother before he got injured.

Injury probably not that bad. Just not taking risks, especially since he'd already score by then.

Oh I think he's very mature. I think the booing worked as a motivation tbh. Met him once at RSCA, liked him ever since. I really appreciate him for always saying what he thinks; instead of the sugar-coated media approved version. Don't really see why lying to the fans should be perceived like more respectful.

I'm afraid it's not just anti-Anderlecht supporters. There is a lot of anatgonism toward him (and his brother). A lot of Belgian fans prefer Batshuay or Origi.

Yes for Romelu it's unjustified, but his brother not so much. It's a left-back who can't defend, an accident waiting to happen. Did you see his amount of misplaced passes yesterday? I'm hoping that Senna Miangue will develop into the LB Belgium needs.

Concerning the injury. I've must have misheard. I though they said on the radio that he's possibly out for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back