Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagielka is alright like. For a 35-year-old centre back with no passing ability he does a good job. Should never be captain though. I'd give it Coleman, Williams, Barry over him. I think Jagielka will be backup next season, and I wouldn't have a problem with Mori coming into the team.

I judge with my eyes mate, not some meaningless stats from the RS Echo.

Mori isn't in the side as he's not as good as Williams and Jags, simple really.

We've gone from looking defensively awful to hardly conceding an effort on target. The goals against column is the only stat of note.
The goals column from the last three games is 1 For, 4 Against. Any manager would be looking at how hopeless we still are dealing with crosses and conclude he could do worse than rolling the dice and keeping the CBs on their toes...as well as getting a goal threat at the other end on the pitch.

EFC are a small team. Every cross or corner has me reaching for the pills plus it was lucky that Scott Dann was out last friday. Jags is not that strong in the air and I would now prefer Funes Mori, just.

The lack of height against a bustling Palace team was enough of a threat for me to have preferred Mason to Coleman at least Mason would'nt have given Bentecke a leg up to head the goal. The team either needs a tall bloke in midfield or a tall bloke at full-back.

The goals column from the last three games is 1 For, 4 Against. Any manager would be looking at how hopeless we still are dealing with crosses and conclude he could do worse than rolling the dice and keeping the CBs on their toes...as well as getting a goal threat at the other end on the pitch.
Goals against in 7 PL games = 5

Second only to Spurs as the best in the league so far.

And you're advocating breaking up the CB pairing? Pffffttttt.

Goals against in 7 PL games = 5

Second only to Spurs as the best in the league so far.

And you're advocating breaking up the CB pairing? Pffffttttt.
The whole team apart from Lukaku defends - that's the reason for that stat. I say again, we are still chronic at dealing with balls into the box. Palace should have won in that last game and it was all down to switching off, poor organisation about who was picking up whom (Coleman left with Benteke FFS) and just a lack of competitive edge in challenging for the ball. Worse case scenario: we get Mori on the pitch it stays the same but we do get a goal threat at the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back