Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't but that was for 2 reasons. I wouldn't buy a player who has had an ACL and I don't like the way Benteke forces a team to play. He's brilliant for a mid table team who wants to be best of the rest and possibly win a cup.

In other words you are probably right but I want us to be challenging the likes of Spurs and Liverpool. I think if I accepted Everton were destined to be at the level below eternally I probably would find myself watching a lot more La Liga and supporting Barca.
It does seem to be a tough decision to get right. Lukaku hasn't propelled Everton any higher than they were with Saha's corpse up top, so there's no guarantee Benteke would either.

Then you have Spurs, who have shot up on the back of a striker that they were determined to keep out of the first team until they had no choice but to use him.

Seems to be a lot of luck involved in football.

It does seem to be a tough decision to get right. Lukaku hasn't propelled Everton any higher than they were with Saha's corpse up top, so there's no guarantee Benteke would either.

Then you have Spurs, who have shot up on the back of a striker that they were determined to keep out of the first team until they had no choice but to use him.

Yea but Kane was always going to come good. I remember him scoring a hat trick in the Europa League and thinking they had a good player on their hands.

TBF, Spurs have shot up based on a formidable back line and incredible midfield play as well. It's not just the striker. I didn't go back to read prior posts on this subject, but Spurs' fortunes have changed on a lot more than striker play.

Everton - Reliance on Lukaku for goals
The Toffees’ sweet start to life under Ronald Koeman could come unstuck if they aren’t able to find other players to put chances away besides Romelu Lukaku.

With five goals from six games, the Belgian has so far scored 45.46% of their goals. Only Gareth Barry has scored more than once with two and Lukaku has run up that record from taking just 17.36% of his side’s shots.

Everton’s other key game-changers are hardly prolific. Ross Barkley managed just eight goals in 38 league games last year. Yannick Bolasie managed five in 26 for Crystal Palace. Their new back-up striker Enner Valencia managed four in 19 last year.

Solution: Koeman more eke more out of the likes of Kevin Mirallas, Gerard Deulofeu, Aaron Lennon and Arouna Kone, as well as Barkley and Bolasie, to ensure Everton aren’t undone by a lack of other options this season.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/every-p...-and-how-to-fix-it/790257#bRpLmm728DOSfYfa.99

The Toffees’ sweet start to life under Ronald Koeman could come unstuck if they aren’t able to find other players to put chances away besides Romelu Lukaku.

With five goals from six games, the Belgian has so far scored 45.46% of their goals. Only Gareth Barry has scored more than once with two and Lukaku has run up that record from taking just 17.36% of his side’s shots.

Everton’s other key game-changers are hardly prolific. Ross Barkley managed just eight goals in 38 league games last year. Yannick Bolasie managed five in 26 for Crystal Palace. Their new back-up striker Enner Valencia managed four in 19 last year.

Solution: Koeman more eke more out of the likes of Kevin Mirallas, Gerard Deulofeu, Aaron Lennon and Arouna Kone, as well as Barkley and Bolasie, to ensure Everton aren’t undone by a lack of other options this season.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/every-p...-and-how-to-fix-it/790257#bRpLmm728DOSfYfa.99

So true.

TBF, Spurs have shot up based on a formidable back line and incredible midfield play as well. It's not just the striker. I didn't go back to read prior posts on this subject, but Spurs' fortunes have changed on a lot more than striker play.
They do have a very good team, but I think that Kane being both versatile and hard-working, as well as a reliable goalscorer, has made life much easier for them. Son is an excellent backup, too.

Funes Mori is a scoring threat also. The two CBs in there at the moment have made errors in the last three games. Shake it up and also get a goal threat from set pieces in there.

Backup? Pff, as if teams need a second decent striker on the books. Much rather have loads of high-earning-yet-useless players who'll never get on the field. ;)
make sme laugh that if we sold a few of our players who earn 50 grand or so, they will end up at clubs in the bottom half or worse, yet they are our options for top 6.

Made up for rom so far, playing for his big move. got a better average than 1 in two this season, long may it continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back