Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a footballer, he kicks a ball and then runs after it. My support for him only extends to how well he kicks the ball. If I want political insight I will look elsewhere.
As vile as I think Donald Trump is supporting him isn't a crime.
I remember the indignation surrounding John Terry a few years ago when he was getting pilloried because he was a bad role model. I was an ordinary kid kicking football and used to pretend I was Alan Ball etc.I tried to emulate their style of play, I didn't think to myself I will be a bas###d just because some footballer I thought could play was one.
We need to stop placing unrealistic responsibilities on people who kick a ball around a field, no matter how well they kick it.

Lukaku's latest comments supporting Trump are vile. We need to get shot of this lad, and soon
Lukaku's views on Trump and Clinton are a complete non-story. Your suggestion that we bin off the only striker we have, one of the best in the prem, because you don't like his political opinion is a good example of hyperventilating, virtue-signalling overreaction.

While I'm no fan of Trump, the lad is entitled to support whoever he likes politics-wise.
Correct.

Why? Who are we to judge his personal political opinions!! Or should he think the way all us fans want him too????? Just be concerned about how he performs every week...
Correct.

I just reckon that if it was Tom Cleverly who said it, lads on here would be all over it like a rash, demanding he be turfed out. I just think having our star player come out in support of Trump is a terrible message to send, better he kept it to himself
No, sorry but I think you are wrong on this one. For instance, many of the forum users are strongly against fee-paying education, but do you see any of them demanding we sell players who send their kids to fee-paying schools? Nope. Many forum users are furious that the rich in society can use expensive accountants to help them minimise their tax bills: you can be sure as eggs are eggs that prem footballers do it too, but do we demand that our players' finances are laid bare for all to see? Nope.

The political views of a footballer, provided they do not break laws in England, are not of any concern to me.

Lukaku's views on Trump and Clinton are a complete non-story. Your suggestion that we bin off the only striker we have, one of the best in the prem, because you don't like his political opinion is a good example of hyperventilating, virtue-signalling overreaction.

Correct.

Correct.

No, sorry but I think you are wrong on this one. For instance, many of the forum users are strongly against fee-paying education, but do you see any of them demanding we sell players who send their kids to fee-paying schools? Nope. Many forum users are furious that the rich in society can use expensive accountants to help them minimise their tax bills: you can be sure as eggs are eggs that prem footballers do it too, but do we demand that our players' finances are laid bare for all to see? Nope.

The political views of a footballer, provided they do not break laws in England, are not of any concern to me.

Unreal.

Congressman Prev hereby reelected

We all contribute money to one of the most capitalist, corporate machines on the planet, the premier league, where the wages and fees make bankers look like paupers.

It's not really a surprise to me that someone like Trump would have supporters in such a sector, and though a bit embarrassing, anyone calling for him to be sold is a bit hypocritical.

tumblr_o3d6p5YVfG1udh5n8o1_r2_400.gif

Lukaku's latest comments supporting Trump are vile. We need to get shot of this lad, and soon
Since when did it become OK to just simply name call political candidates. Hillary and Bill have a million reasons why they aren't suitable yet no one uses those tactics. He's free to support who he likes. We still live in a free society - more or less.

He is a footballer, he kicks a ball and then runs after it. My support for him only extends to how well he kicks the ball. If I want political insight I will look elsewhere.
As vile as I think Donald Trump is supporting him isn't a crime.
I remember the indignation surrounding John Terry a few years ago when he was getting pilloried because he was a bad role model. I was an ordinary kid kicking football and used to pretend I was Alan Ball etc.I tried to emulate their style of play, I didn't think to myself I will be a bas###d just because some footballer I thought could play was one.
We need to stop placing unrealistic responsibilities on people who kick a ball around a field, no matter how well they kick it.

Sorry lads, I have to disagree. We pay the lad to play football and nothing else. Considering the recent revelations about Trump, it was more than insensitive and stupid for Lukaku to wade into the debate. If he was caught drink-driving, he'd be fined by the club for bringing us into disrepute. If he just drank behind closed doors, that would be his own choice as a man. Likewise, he can support Trump but he really should keep it to himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back