Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really is the dogs knackers. Imagine how good him, Barkley and Del will be playing together in 2/3 years time. If only we could keep them together for that long.

I'll just leave a picture here of what Rom looked like in ~2008, at age 15/16.

BsbNE1FIMAANr3y.jpg

It really just depends on Euro 16. We have no need to sell him and he could easily get 20 this season (in the league). By next summer's tournament he will be 23. If he has a good tournament - on the back of a really good season - then I could see a big bid from PSG/Juve (if they recover and get CL) etc. coming in for him.

Doesn't mean we'd sell, but the offers will come in I reckon. What we need to hope happens is that he stays next summer, and then we have him until 2017. He'd still have two years left on his (current) deal by then, meaning we could get a very decent fee for him and, also, at 24 it would be a suitable time for him to go - if he reaches the level of performance he has shown in half of the games this season.

When we play to his strengths, we are a much better team, there's no doubting that.

He's 100% playing for a move

His work rate and attitude have all of a sudden changed and shock horror it coincides with his agent piping up about him leaving

Defo gone in the summer

FFS it's like a huge chunk of you lot have some kind of obsessive manic disorder with our best players. Like, every time someone performs it's like "I HATE YOU please don't leave me", be it Mirallas, Barkley or Rom. Don't believe the jarg rumours. I bet you'll be grovelling at Koné's feet begging him to stay if his form keeps up.

You wait and see

He's played very well this season when we've played to his strengths - against Southampton, West Brom, the Derby etc. The agent stuff is just his agent being the snake that he is and trying to get a better pay-day.

He played well against Sunderland and there's nothing more to it than that, and the fact that he's a class player - and Sunderland are dog-turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back