Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a stepping stone for him, no surprise as we all no he rates himself very highly, again not a bad thing it shows ambition from the lad

First sign a big club are in for him and he will be forcing a move

We are a stepping stone for him, no surprise as we all no he rates himself very highly, again not a bad thing it shows ambition from the lad

First sign a big club are in for him and he will be forcing a move

Do you think Deulofeu is playing for a move back to Barca? Or anyone else for that matter.

But you don't think that's the case with Rom?

Not for me no

Honestly believe at the time there wasn't anyone in for him but us at the 30m asking price

He's come here to put himself in the shop window and get his move to a CL club

Like I said no problem with that as it happens all the time

Lukaku does rate himself which isn't a bad thing. He's got bags of potential.

However, if he thinks he's that good and destined for greatness with one of the big boys he needs to be more consistent. Fundamentally, he needs to learn how to control a football as his first touch is awful and needs to dominate games more. The best example of this was Southampton away - he was brilliant but its far too inconsistent. Great players win games on a regular basis - he's got some way to go.

However, if he thinks he's that good and destined for greatness with one of the big boys he needs to be more consistent. Fundamentally, he needs to learn how to control a football as his first touch is awful and needs to dominate games more. The best example of this was Southampton away - he was brilliant but its far too inconsistent. Great players win games on a regular basis - he's got some way to go.

He doesn't need to improve that much to get a move to a team that's regularly in the CL though

If an A list club comes he's gone. Accept it and enjoy him while you can.

While this is true, I still can't see an 'A list' club coming for him unless he tears it up at Euro2016. My example would be Benteke. Fantastic first season (aged 21). Stalled due to injuries over his two more seasons at Villa but still managed like 15 a season.

No A list club came in for him, and he ended up at Liverpool.

Even a 20 goal season this term wouldn't get a move to a top club for Rom next summer I feel. There might be interest, but not a big enough bid to get us to sell - depending on our positioning of course - but if Rom has a good season we will finish high up.

Throw in a really good Euro's and it probably changes a bit and makes a move away next summer more likely. But we're in a really strong position in that he's still (as of June next year) got three years on his deal.

At this point in time, I can't see him being here past summer 2017, but I don't think a move away next summer is a sure-thing either.

PSG and Juve will be the ones to come in for him, I think. Possibly Roma though they don't have loads of money to spend - or Dortmund if Aubameyang goes next summer.

Agree with this, but I think it's improving. He's had a good few good/brilliant games so far this season IMO.

We can only win in this scenario. Lukaku will not move to a CL club unless they guarantee him first team football. If he ever got to a level where he was good enough to play first team for a Bayern or Madrid then the money they would cough up would be astronomical. Rom wants to be the best striker in the world, his agent might be wanting a CL club like Juventus to go in for him but there's only a handful of clubs who can realistically afford him and meet his ambitions. Until that point we have a player hitting 20 a season for us increasing in value all the time.

Not for me no

Honestly believe at the time there wasn't anyone in for him but us at the 30m asking price

He's come here to put himself in the shop window and get his move to a CL club

Like I said no problem with that as it happens all the time

I could be wrong but I think it was confirmed in a few places that we pay no more than 20ish, and after that there is possible add ons up to 28M.

but, 30M no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back