Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but I think it was confirmed in a few places that we pay no more than 20ish, and after that there is possible add ons up to 28M.

but, 30M no.

Yeah, I think it was in the interests of all parties to publicise the full potential value of the deal (Chelsea - "look how much we got!" Everton - "look how much we spent!") but I recall one or two links posted on this very site that seemed to credibly break down the cost of the deal, including flat staggered payments of somewhere between 20-24m with the rest payable upon certain conditions being met.

I do wonder if Chelsea got a sell-on clause, purely out of interest.

I've never seen a player flip a performance as much as Rom.

First half, he was bad. Couldn't make a 5 yard pass.

Came out, we conceded again and he finally switched on. Amazing performance.

Wouldn't mind seeing that for the entire 90 minutes mind.

Yeah, I think it was in the interests of all parties to publicise the full potential value of the deal (Chelsea - "look how much we got!" Everton - "look how much we spent!") but I recall one or two links posted on this very site that seemed to credibly break down the cost of the deal, including flat staggered payments of somewhere between 20-24m with the rest payable upon certain conditions being met.

I do wonder if Chelsea got a sell-on clause, purely out of interest.

From memory, the initial loan fee we paid was included in the final fee of the deal when it was announced as 28m, so thats 5m straight off that was just tacked on to inflate the price to the media as wed payed that already regardless of rom signing permanently

While I am looking forward to the heady Charlie Austin days ahead, I think it's quite important that we appreciate Big Rom while we still have him on our books

As stated above I reckon we'll have Rom for quite some time yet. I think he'll keep improving so there will likely be a point where a genuinely big Champions League team comes in and offers us serious cash. At that point we'd get a half decent replacement no bother.

While this is true, I still can't see an 'A list' club coming for him unless he tears it up at Euro2016. My example would be Benteke. Fantastic first season (aged 21). Stalled due to injuries over his two more seasons at Villa but still managed like 15 a season.

No A list club came in for him, and he ended up at Liverpool.

Even a 20 goal season this term wouldn't get a move to a top club for Rom next summer I feel. There might be interest, but not a big enough bid to get us to sell - depending on our positioning of course - but if Rom has a good season we will finish high up.

Throw in a really good Euro's and it probably changes a bit and makes a move away next summer more likely. But we're in a really strong position in that he's still (as of June next year) got three years on his deal.

At this point in time, I can't see him being here past summer 2017, but I don't think a move away next summer is a sure-thing either.
Yeah, I don't think him leaving this summer is a nap either.

Besides anything else, chances are he won't start for Belgium at the Euros.

That Inaki Williams thread got me thinking (and I dread to tempt fate), but has Rom actually been injured at all since he's been in the Prem? Apart from knocking himself out scoring that goal that time.

We're getting to a point where he's becoming indispensable, and that's a bit concerning as Kone only appears to play well when linking with Rom, and we've only really got Leandro as a viable alternative, no?

33 Games = 16 Goals
48 Games = 20 Goals

This season already 14 Games = 8 Goals.

Could have had a couple more as well like the OG against Sunderland.

Guarantees goals for us and for that reason he should not be sold...i would have no idea who could replace him.

Dont you wish his first touch was better tho? Its just as bad as it was last year, no improvement.

He does lose a lot of possession back to goal outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back