Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a player he is, another level to anything thing I've seen in a blue shirt.

Shocking service but still managed to get a goal out of nothing, Suarez scored that yesterday the media would have been in a frenzy
Couldn't agree more. He really is a top striker who is improving every year, any fan happy to criticise him and think we would be better off without him are the same type of fan who live in a championship manager frame of mind.

He isn't just the best we can get, he is better than the whole team, big fish small pond as they say. Remember this is the same club who signed Bolasie Cleverley valencia niasse to name a few over the past 12 months.

Couldn't agree more. He really is a top striker who is improving every year, any fan happy to criticise him and think we would be better off without him are the same type of fan who live in a championship manager frame of mind.

He isn't just the best we can get, he is better than the whole team, big fish small pond as they say. Remember this is the same club who signed Bolasie Cleverley valencia niasse to name a few over the past 12 months.

The better he gets, the harder his departure will be to take. But he'll deserve his move. Tops the lists for scoring records for his age. Half of those have come in one of the hardest leagues in the world.

Like you said he's being playing in a average team with average players, and still maintains a superb scoring record. And his ability to change games, something that he had been criticised for, is getting way better, as he showed yesterday.

His job is to score goals for his team. If that's what he's being asked to do, this is his priority in a game. But his service still remains scarce. His build up play and assists would be more noticeable with better players around.

He's also one of the most intelligent young players in the game. He's said himself he loves the game and loves to research and improve. When times got tough under Martinez he was an easy scapegoat. But the better he gets the more I love the guy. And It's a massive credit to him staying as long as he has. People will contest that why he didn't leave in the Summer is because nobody wanted to meet his price. So why not silence those doubters and prove it on the pitch for us.

He has no loyalty to us and we have to accept that. He's basically carried us for 3 of the 4 seasons he's been here. He will make us a hefty profit when he leaves. Yes he's made some naive comments in the media but he's young and has an ego. But that helps his game. Savour the quality of the talent we have whilst he's still here. There's no hard feelings from me when he leaves.

The better he gets, the harder his departure will be to take. But he'll deserve his move. Tops the lists for scoring records for his age. Half of those have come in one of the hardest leagues in the world.

Like you said he's being playing in a average team with average players, and still maintains a superb scoring record. And his ability to change games, something that he had been criticised for, is getting way better, as he showed yesterday.

His job is to score goals for his team. If that's what he's being asked to do, this is his priority in a game. But his service still remains scarce. His build up play and assists would be more noticeable with better players around.

He's also one of the most intelligent young players in the game. He's said himself he loves the game and loves to research and improve. When times got tough under Martinez he was an easy scapegoat. But the better he gets the more I love the guy. And It's a massive credit to him staying as long as he has. People will contest that why he didn't leave in the Summer is because nobody wanted to meet his price. So why not silence those doubters and prove it on the pitch for us.

He has no loyalty to us and we have to accept that. He's basically carried us for 3 of the 4 seasons he's been here. He will make us a hefty profit when he leaves. Yes he's made some naive comments in the media but he's young and has an ego. But that helps his game. Savour the quality of the talent we have whilst he's still here. There's no hard feelings from me when he leaves.

See I don't get that, he makes comments in the media. Yes he does, it's almost like him scoring 20 plus goals and finishing 11th is perfectly fine for him when similar players are winning trophies and playing at the highest level with those sorts of records. Last season he was 3rd in the scoring charts and saw the two above him win the league and finish third. I point out the Stoke game, he scores 2 assists one and still loses. Of course he would jump at a chance to play at his level! Even the Chelsea game, he picks the ball up and wins us the game and sends us through by himself!

Plus as long as the price is what it is, and he keeps scoring then clubs are fine to leave him here for the time being. What's better, spending 60 million on a striker who has had a good season, or one who has scored over a hundred career goals and does it in the premier league consistently as well? Personally think it was bad timing this summer, juventus couldn't turn down higuain, no one else really were after a striker for big money either. But the more he does it here , the more appealing it will be for a top club to finally sign him as a marquee player.

As for how easy it is to replace him? Gabbiadini, berihimi, Witsel, Mata, carvalhio all prove we can't sign a good player even when we are throwing money at them.

See I don't get that, he makes comments in the media. Yes he does, it's almost like him scoring 20 plus goals and finishing 11th is perfectly fine for him when similar players are winning trophies and playing at the highest level with those sorts of records. Last season he was 3rd in the scoring charts and saw the two above him win the league and finish third. I point out the Stoke game, he scores 2 assists one and still loses. Of course he would jump at a chance to play at his level! Even the Chelsea game, he picks the ball up and wins us the game and sends us through by himself!

Plus as long as the price is what it is, and he keeps scoring then clubs are fine to leave him here for the time being. What's better, spending 60 million on a striker who has had a good season, or one who has scored over a hundred career goals and does it in the premier league consistently as well? Personally think it was bad timing this summer, juventus couldn't turn down higuain, no one else really were after a striker for big money either. But the more he does it here , the more appealing it will be for a top club to finally sign him as a marquee player.

As for how easy it is to replace him? Gabbiadini, berihimi, Witsel, Mata, carvalhio all prove we can't sign a good player even when we are throwing money at them.

Yes it was a bad time for him. How frustrating must that have been for him? Scoring one, two a game to have all his hard work mean nothing.

I think we should be looking at the 20-35 million mark for a replacement. Players valued above that won't want to come to us yet. But there is the possibility you can pick up a real gem for around that price. Step up Steve Walsh!

Really hope we're not resigned to losing him this summer, but suspect that unless we get champions league football as a minimum, he will be pushing for a leave (and will probably get it this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back