Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I remember thinking WOW when the fee was announced. Never thought we'd ever spend anything near that amount on a player or get to sign a player of Rom's standing. I remember when Chelsea paid £17m for him as an 18 year old and thinking, that's a hell of a gamble. But it turned into good business for them, especially if you factor in the two loan fees they would have got from Albion and ourselves. Do you know how much loan fee we paid by the way?. £4m rings a bell with me for some reason.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at Belgium's national team website and was a bit surprised that Rom has 52 caps already. He has every chance of becoming their highest capped player which is currently Jan Ceulemans (96). Not sure how old you are Ash so don't know whether you'd remember him. But he was a top player in the Michael Ballack mould who mainly played for Bruges in the 70s and 80s. In the modern day he would have played for a top European club. Not that that's got anything to do with Rom of course:)
Yeah Chelsea made a killing on the rom deal. I think our loan deal might have factored into the price thinking back, perhaps it was 3 from us and 5 lots of 5 million installments. Assuming there though haha

I was just happy we signed rom. Never made any secret I have backed him as a striker since day one, I do think he is better than some everton fans make him out to be on here! Haha it does make me a little sad thst we haven't matched that ambition since, this summer especially. Just one or two signings more to Lukaku's level and perhaps it then convinces him the place to stay is here. Especially as he has a manager who has come out and publicly backed him into improving his game.

Think he will smash that cap record to be honest. The better he gets the more chance of him being first choice will be. Come the day he ends up at a top club then they will give him star treatment ala hazard has now. Even martinez being there means he is more likely to play!

But yeah, I believe he will be one of the best in the world when he hits around 28, injuries permitting. Considering in 4 years time the likes of aguero messi lebondowski Ronaldo and the rest are going to be in their 30s you would guess the best in the world pool will fall on him, dyabala and whoever else.

Yeah Chelsea made a killing on the rom deal. I think our loan deal might have factored into the price thinking back, perhaps it was 3 from us and 5 lots of 5 million installments. Assuming there though haha

I was just happy we signed rom. Never made any secret I have backed him as a striker since day one, I do think he is better than some everton fans make him out to be on here! Haha it does make me a little sad thst we haven't matched that ambition since, this summer especially. Just one or two signings more to Lukaku's level and perhaps it then convinces him the place to stay is here. Especially as he has a manager who has come out and publicly backed him into improving his game.

Think he will smash that cap record to be honest. The better he gets the more chance of him being first choice will be. Come the day he ends up at a top club then they will give him star treatment ala hazard has now. Even martinez being there means he is more likely to play!

But yeah, I believe he will be one of the best in the world when he hits around 28, injuries permitting. Considering in 4 years time the likes of aguero messi lebondowski Ronaldo and the rest are going to be in their 30s you would guess the best in the world pool will fall on him, dyabala and whoever else.

He will never be the best striker in the world, hes too lazy.

Mental logic. Without Stek, we'd be bottom of the table with 0 points because we'd have an empty net

You've completely missed my point. Rom was yet again failed by poor service. Your original point aimed toward Lukaku only doing something of note against poor opposition when only last week he got us a point against City from nothing.

So as soon as he fails to score in a game where we created nothing for him, we should single him out for his lack of involvement?

Reactions: DRM
I would argue Stek got us a point against City from nothing. But let's shower Rom in praise all the time and sweep all his frequent disappearing acts under the carpet

I'm not denying Stek's involvement, though interestingly he made a costly mistake today too? And I'm not denying Lukaku was below par today, who wasn't? But to suggest this is common for him just isn't true. He's a cut above anybody else in the squad.

Continue to be amazed at the pedestal lukaku is put upon by so many. A good striker that's all he will ever be, nothing more. he is bigged up by koeman presently because he knows that is all he's got but as I've said on here a number of times I firmly believe that in koemans mind and where he sees his team in 2 years, lukaku along with Barkley, mirallas and deulofeu won't be part of it and that's by choice.

Continue to be amazed at the pedestal lukaku is put upon by so many. A good striker that's all he will ever be, nothing more. he is bigged up by koeman presently because he knows that is all he's got but as I've said on here a number of times I firmly believe that in koemans mind and where he sees his team in 2 years, lukaku along with Barkley, mirallas and deulofeu won't be part of it and that's by choice.

At last, a truth-seer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back